Don't forget to book your place for this October's first ever conference from the team behind Develop
The Develop team is hosting its first conference this October in Edinburgh, Scotland. Here's nine things you need to you need to know:
1) It is a one-day conference aimed at developers and service companies in the games industry.
2) This is the first conference to be organised and curated by the editorial team behind Develop magazine and Develop-Online.net.
3) It will be held on Thursday, October 2nd.
4) The venue is The Traverse Theatre in Edinburgh, Scotland. As well as the main conference, there will also be networking opportunities in the bar.
5) The speaker line-up is currently led by British crime author Christopher Brookmyre, who will be discussing the work behind his novel-to-game crossover Bedlam.
6) Also on board is a range of experts from firms such as DeltaDNA, Dimensional Imaging, SpeechGraphics, Outplay Entertainment, Ludometrics and more.
7) There are plenty more sessions in the works with some big names in development, games and the tech industries. You can keep up to date with the full programme at www.develop-live.com.
8) Tickets cost £149. Discounts are available for members of UKIE, TIGA and the Scottish Games Network, as well as students and indies (studios with less than 10 employees). You can book tickets via www.develop-live.com or email James.Batchelor@intentmedia.co.uk to request discount codes.
9) New consumer event Game Expo Scotland has signed on as media partner for Develop Live, with University of Abertay on board as event partner.
You can find out more about the sponsorship opportunities available by emailing Alex.Boucher@intentmedia.co.uk or calling him on 01992 535646.