Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is looking for an outstanding Software Developer to join our Technologies department.
You will be working on high profile, challenging projects, using a mixture of frameworks and technologies to develop highly scalable web-based solutions in an agile environment.
Key Duties Include:
- Designing and developing robust, high-traffic web systems to meet the needs of the business and players alike - often in challenging timescales and always as part of a highly motivated team.
- Maintaining and improving existing websites and databases as the business evolves.
- Provide recommendations for the introduction of beneficial new technologies.
- Leading, mentoring, supporting and training junior developers in order to expand and enhance their skills and capabilities.
- Proven expertise using Java.
- Experience working with databases
- Experience using UNIX/Linux
- Experience with high-traffic systems where efficiency and scalability is important.
- Ability to take full technical responsibility for all stages of the software development life-cycle, covering investigation, requirements capture, analysis and design, construction, implementation, test and maintenance.
- Estimating and planning of tasks.
- Good understanding of web security and experience in eliminating the potential of exploits.
- Experience of working on your own initiative, designing and programming complete web or application-based solutions.
- Experience working in an agile/Scrum environment