You will be working within our QA department, testing major features within the game, related website and systems, while providing on-going feedback and bug reports to the team. Working closely with the QA Leads and Senior QA staff to ensure that issues are raised timely and the product and service are of high Quality for release.
You will be working exclusively on the brand new Transformers game from Jagex: www.transformersuniverse.com
Key Duties Include:
- Liaising with Core Technologies software engineers to ensure that the software produced is compliant with requirements, defect-free and efficient.
- Working as a member of a cross-functional team comprised of C# and Java developers, Build Engineers and QA Engineers to define and delivery quality to a range of different teams.
- Collaborating with game designers and producers to write acceptance critical for each user story, performing exploratory testing of user stories as they are being developed to ensure that completed user stories satisfy all the acceptance criteria.
- Participating in daily stand-up meetings, planning, showcases and retrospectives.
- Working with different stakeholders to increase quality and overall team effectiveness.
- Working independently on the assigned functional and non-functional testing tasks.
- Carrying out all assigned tasks within schedule, regularly reporting status and any impediments to the QA Lead/Head of QA
- Identifying the most appropriate approach for the verification of functionality.
- Profiling the game in order to identify performance bottlenecks, and reporting them to the development team.
- Working with other test engineers to help define and improve the internal testing processes.
- Experience within a technical QA role or similar technical discipline.
- Good knowledge of C/C++ or C#
- Understanding of unit, functional, stress, performance, compatibility, security, regression testing and QA best practices.
- Strong defect investigation, analysis and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of software testing lifecycle and understanding of test strategies.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate a high level of initiative, determination, autonomy and self-sufficiency.
- Able to build effective working relationships and leverage them as appropriate to get things done.
- Knowledge of game software architectures and modern rendering pipelines.
- Experience of working on networked and MMO games
- Familiarity with performance profiling tools (e.g Intel VTune, Microsft PIX, NVidia NVPerfHUD / Parallel NSight, Red Gate ANTS profiles).
- Degree in computer science/engineering or equivalent.