To work in-house at our Sofia studio located in Bulgaria, we are looking for a talented senior 3D character artist to create and implement characters and creatures for Total War and mentor associate character artists and trainees.
The right candidate should be able to demonstrate excellent creative, technical and visual skill. You will be an accomplished artist with a passion for creating believable characters with the ability to produce stunning, high quality, efficient, real time game content.
As part of an award-winning team, you will create high quality characters and character components (including weapons etc.), from sculpting through to game res models, including texturing and geometry. You will also create blockout meshes for rigging. This role means that you will collaborate across the project and work closely with riggers/animators with skinning as required. You will be responsible for exporting assets to the game engine. With this role comes an opportunity to develop your professionalism by mentoring other character artists and trainees at the studio.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- At least one shipped game title
- Proven experience implementing game characters
- Expert use of industry standard tools, such as Max/Maya, Photoshop and Zbrush
- A good communicator in both Bulgarian and English. You will be working in a team-oriented environment, and must be able to clearly communicate goals
- Expert low and high poly modelling and texturing
- Knowledge of games development pipelines
- You must be able to listen to and be open to feedback and integrate that into your work
- Great attention for detail and strong visual sense
- Formal art training
- All round art ability
- Experience with Substance Designer and Painter
- Love and passion for games
We are led by our passion for gameplay, which has in turn made us a leader in UK games development. Established in 1987, we have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years – from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team – creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.