We now have an excellent opportunity for a Product Design Engineer to join one of our London based clients. The organisation we are partnering with are an agency who have worked to create big and bold campaigns for many of the world?s best-known brands, including McDonalds, Carlsberg, Superdrug, Diageo, Cereal Partners Worldwide and Britvic to name a few.
You will report in to the Head of Product Development and your primary focus will be to develop premium toy concepts for Cereal Partners Worldwide. You will also gain experience supporting the team on toy and gift solutions for McDonald?s and other new business activity.
1. Identifying and understanding key consumer insights and client brand values to drive forward creative & technical thinking, establishing rationale for the development of concepts and product ranges
2. Collaborating with the Design team - take the initial brief from the client service team, participate in idea generation sessions and present back initial ideas and sketched solutions
3. Supporting the Project Management function to ensure the delivery of projects is on time, on budget and to customer?s satisfaction
4. Preparing detailed engineering specifications for each range of concepts to allow our Hong Kong Engineering and China groups to provide initial and final cost quotations
5. Liaising with your counterparts in the Hong Kong and China offices to resolve and refine all technical issues, and confirm agreed solutions to the broader team
6. Where required, using 3D CAD software and 3D printing to generate virtual and physical proof models, or direct Product Designers to create sketch ref/appropriate visuals for onward prototyping and production needs
7. Providing technical support throughout the development process; including initial idea presentations, refined concept development, model reviews, packaging and insertion trials and pre-production sign-offs
8. Reviewing, testing and approving all aesthetic and functional prototypes, ensuring the QA & Safety teams in London and Hong Kong provide clear direction for any necessary changes to meet client/legislative specifications
9. Communicating ideas/solutions both internally and externally through a range of innovative, entertaining and informative presentational techniques
10. Maintaining awareness of new product opportunities, and current retail and premium trends and developments.
In order to be the successful candidate ideally you will have graduated from a Product Design Engineering course. You will have excellent solid works (CAD)skills and will be able to understand apply design-for-manufacture principles. You will be an overall good communicator who is comfortable dealing with different interfaces in the business on a day to day basis. You will also need to be an all rounder who can work as part of a team but also work independently when needed.
For more information or to apply please contact Tiffany Johnson on Tiff@aswift.com