Salary: £Negotiable DOE
Job Type: Permanent
My client in Warwickshire has been at the forefront of genre defining racing titles for many years. They are currently closing their latest title and are already looking at the next phenomenal titles due for launch in the forthcoming years and require a Principal Games Designer to be instrumental in shaping these cutting edge titles and technology.
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Arrange and facilitate appropriate design meetings and contribute considered comments and thoughts to the concepts being discussed.
• Ensure that thorough notes are taken and the concepts being discussed are fully understood. Be responsible for shaping and honing these thoughts into an overall ‘design concept’
• Seek buy-off on achievability of the ‘design concept’ and seek input to, and alignment with, the wider ‘game concept’ from key stakeholders from production, brand, code and art departments, leading to an overall ‘approved game concept’.
• Be responsible for ensuring approved game concept is communicated clearly to the wider team through whatever written and verbal presentation materials are required to achieve this goal
• Be responsible for distilling approved game concept into presentation materials for greenlight presentations
• Use all sources available to research the relevant area(s) of design
• Working with the Chief Games Designer in coordinating the Games Designers on a project in researching the game.
• Organize and participate in the playing and objective review of competing products. Be responsible for collating the findings and producing reports whenever any reviews are commissioned.
• Organize construction of the required consumer research projects.
• Review and report on consumer research
• Investigate potential sources of research information
• Ensure that all allocated design work is documented in accordance with the standards and processes outlined by the Chief Games Designer.
• Responsible for ensuring the vision of the ‘approved game concept’ is communicated clearly in all documentation produced by the project’s design team, prior to release to customers (typically, programmers and artists).
• Ensure all required documentation is produced in the timeframe agreed with customers.
• Ensure all documentation is approved by customers, taking necessary action to secure approvals through rework.
• Ensure all necessary design work is produced for important development milestones
• Ensure the project’s design repository is always up to date, with any legacy documents clearly marked as such
Communication and Implementation
• Be responsible for ensuring the design vision is understood by the whole development team.
• Responsible for ensuring decisions made at design meetings are ratified by the project’s management team, then fully carried out and that the vision is carried through into modified documents and that stakeholders are informed of changes.
• Communicate clearly with the design and wider development team, ensuring documentation is fully understood and implemented correctly.
• Report back regularly to Chief Games Designer on all areas.
Game Balancing and Play Testing
• Oversee the play testing and balancing of currently assigned projects, ensuring they are in line with the vision and direction for the ‘Approved Concept’
• To play and suggest appropriate changes to games currently in development and prototyping
To communicate regularly with other development team members on Game Balancing issues.
For the opportunity to be part of this team please send your cv and work examples FAO Catherine to email@example.com or call +44 1206 214416
Catherine Cope| Design and Analytics Consultant
OPM Response Ltd | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HD
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214416 | Email: Catherine@opmjobs.com | Skype: catherine.cope.opm