Purpose of Role:
At NaturalMotion we make free-to play mobile games that create new experiences, have jaw-dropping visuals and super-accessible gameplay. To continue innovating at the highest level, we are looking for a Lead Game Designer in London to work on an exciting new project.
Providing creative, games design direction and leadership for games executed by the team. You will work in close collaboration with the Product Lead, Head of Studio and VP Games, maintaining chief responsibility for translating overall project vision and game core pillars into an executable design framework for which build to meet product goals including core gameplay, monetisation, retention and social features.
You will contribute to the growth and development of the team’s design function and wider NaturalMotion design approaches and strategies, and be the advocate for best practices while driving innovation within our games.
Additionally, you will provide input to team capability assessments and planning to identify key skills and processes to facilitate the execution and delivery of amazing world-class games that meet and exceed market expectations.
- Develop systems and behaviors for core gameplay, retention, and social and game features that monetize, engage and motivate players through amazing game experiences
- Provide clear and concise communication of the product vision and design approaches and requirements to team members, product owners, senior management and other relevant key stakeholders internal and external through documentation, presentations and visual tools to convey key concepts, mechanics and systems required
- Identify and articulate design risks and obstacles. Maintain high levels of visibility of design challenges, approaches to meet and resolve issues to meet product objectives and development requirements
- Ensure UI/UX aligns with game design objectives and play experience/flow
- Lead design reviews/evaluations on a regular basis. Respond to emergent QA and design issues/problems in development and ensure these are addressed to meet product goals and release plan targets
- Tune game and monetization features and the overall freemium game economy to maximise the player experience and revenue potential.
- Define with the Product Lead UT criteria. Observe and analyse user testing and analytics to recommend design solutions and improve/fix design features during the life of the product as a service.
- Analyse real-time metrics and adapt the game accordingly working with the Product Lead and stakeholders.
- Define features post-launch spanning several months with a clear understanding of impact on retention/monetization, working closely with a Project Manager/Lead to effectively push them into content releases that drive value.
What you bring to succeed
- To be able to excel at this job, you already have a few shipped games under your belt and have great passion for creating amazing games.
- You really understand F2P design and how to integrate fun and monetization.
- You will have led designer, providing mentoring, coaching and day-to-day direction and support.
- You can build a collaborative environment for idea generation, leveraging the entire team.
- You are strong at game design, including free-to-play mechanics, pacing, mobile UX and more.
- Importantly, you understand that we can only create outstanding games as a team and have the experience and energy to together turn visions into fully developed game mechanics.