Job Title: Character Artist
Salary: Attractive Salary & Benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Project: AAA Games
OPM are proud to be working with this prestigious games developer who has been entertaining millions of gamers with quality FPS games for over 10 years! Their games have always received worldwide popular and critical acclaim and they need you to continue this trend. Are you ready to step up to the mark?
ABOUT THE POSITION:
You need to be a games experienced artist who is focused and understands the game development pipeline, you will work with established art direction, and can appreciate how your work relates to the vision and needs of the game.
You will have a broad skillset and understand that character art does not end in zBrush, and can texture, shade, light and articulate just as well as you can sculpt. Drive and attitude is important, and we are looking for artists who constantly push themselves to improve; who see every task as another opportunity to learn.
• Character Art portfolio that has been totally completed to your satisfaction.
• Understand surfacing, can create fantastic textures and can author materials.
• Have an appreciation of rigging and articulation, including how topology can influence deformation.
• Know how to build game meshes that can exactly reproduce the source material, but which are light on resources and performance.
• Know your anatomy inside and out.
• Be a great sculptor, who can work in any style – real or expressive, hard-surface or organic.
• You have a realistic appraisal of your own strengths and weaknesses, and you’re constantly striving to improve.
• You keep abreast of all the latest technology, workflow tips and tools.
• You can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline, and equally work on minimal instruction if provided.
• You’re open to and will act on criticism and feedback. You can take, understand and apply art direction, even if you might not personally agree.
• You’re not averse to returning to something you’d considered completed, for instance, if a colleague or supervisor gives feedback.
• You have a solid understanding of game design principles, and an appreciation of how character art decisions can affect both playability and design production.
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer for the successful applicant. Applicants from all corners of the globe are encouraged to apply but must have the relevant skill set and experience as a VISA will need to be sponsored.
To ensure a speedy application please email your up to date CV in MS WORD FORMAT and Show Reel to firstname.lastname@example.org
So what are you waiting for? Don't miss out on this great career opportunity!
Jon Norfolk | Art & Animation Consultant
OPM Response Ltd
Direct Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214425 |
Email: Jon@opmjobs.com |
Skype: jon.norfolk.opm |
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/jonnorfolkopm |
The salary bracket shown is approximate and is no guarantee of the income on offer. Salary and benefits will be discussed with candidates at interview with the company and are individually negotiated by OPM.