Job Title – Head of Connected Technology – Mobile Social Gaming Developer
Location – Scotland
Job Type – Permanent
Job Salary – Competitive
Job ID - 3261
OPM are working with one of the UK’s leading mobile social gaming developers.
To work with this valued client give you the most exciting creative and commercial opportunities in gaming today.
They are seeking an individual who will participate and contribute to the development of the social and online gaming capabilities, and who will enjoy the fun, dynamic and focused business environment.
You will join the team responsible for the architecture and development of important server side functionality including user account management, game databases, high score tables, in-game messaging/gifting, micro-payment solutions etc.
Experience in large scale distributed solutions would be an advantage. This role has a focus on the overall performance, scalability, reliability and security of the solution.
- Design and implement large, distributed and scalable services for delivering dynamic social gaming functionality for multiple platforms.
- Design and implement payment solutions for multiple platforms.
- Write secure server code for supporting the above applications, develop prototypes quickly and create robust high-volume production solutions.
- Assist in the construction of platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large-scale storage systems.
- Planning and reporting project milestones and timescales on a continuous basis to all those involved.
- Respond to QA and technical issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Respond to monitoring alerts to ensure high levels of service.
- Expert familiarity with all of the following: Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP and/or Java (with relevant frameworks).
- Backend web development experience.
- Database design and SQL programming.
- Experience with version control systems such as Subversion a must.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile methodologies.
- Strong fundamentals in object oriented programming, design patterns, algorithms, and data structures.
- Comfortable with asynchronous network programming, server frameworks, distributed systems, fault tolerance and scalability.
- Detailed understanding of implementing large server applications including networking, memory, storage and concurrency.
- Experience with networking and server technologies for scalability and redundancy.
- Experience with Linux and core network services (DNS, SMTP, NTP, syslog, http servers).
- Experience with Zend Framework.
- Experience working with a variety of network and system monitoring tools: Nagios, Ganglia, etc.
- Experience managing and programming using “Cloud” based services would be an advantage.
- Experience in capacity planning would be an advantage.
Key Personal Attributes:
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent multi-tasking and leadership skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks.
- A desire to show initiative and forward thinking.
- A passion for games, ideally social and mobile games.
- The ability to have fun and work hard.
- Comfortable setting, and working to, deadlines.
- Appreciation for being part of a fast-paced startup environment - an interest in working with a small team to create software used by millions of people every day.
- Strong communication and time management skills—the ability to balance high quality work standards against time constraints.
- A relentless passion for creating industry leading products and the highest quality user experiences.
To apply or for further information about the role please contact Daniel on +44 (0) 1206214418 or mail a copy of your CV to email@example.com
RECOMMEND A FRIEND - Refer a friend to OPM and if we successfully place them in a new permanent role you will receive £300.
Daniel Fox|Senior Technical Consultant OPM Response LTD | Ground Floor, Anderson House, 228 Old London Road, Marks Tey, Colchester, CO6 1HDDirect Line: + 44 (0) 1206 214418 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Skype: daniel.fox.opm | LinkedIn: Click Here| Twitter: Click Here| Games Industry Programmers Click Here
Tel: +44 (0) 1206 214421 Fax: +44 (0) 1206 214429 www.opmjobs.com