It could be you! Realise your dream of creating the next big gaming character
Monday, 25th February 2013 at 10:21 am
Yippee! Entertainment launches competition to design a chimp to join Chuck’s family in Chimpact
London, Monday 25 th February: Calling all: crayonists, felt tippers, doodlers, painters, artists, designers, games animation enthusiasts and children who like to draw on their parent’s walls. Yippee! Entertainment is launching a competition to design a character to feature in the Windows version of its on-going games series; Chimpact. Entries are required to create a chimp similar to those in the game and any level of artistic ability will be considered for the top prize.
The competition is open from the 25 th February to the 12 th April. The final judging decision will be made on the 3 rd May. Entrants can be submitted in physical form in the UK or digitally; drawings, photos or any type of picture, will be accepted. Though in the US, only digital images can be submitted via the competition’s website.
The competition is open to all ages and backgrounds: enthusiasts, students, gamers, artists, children of any age and even grandparents, anyone in the UK and the US can enter. Winning entries will be chosen from both the UK and the US and will appear in respective versions of the game. The winners will be decided by the Yippee! Entertainment team and the judging criteria will include: Originality, Use of Colour and costume design.
The winning competition entries will be created by the Yippee Entertainment team and put into future versions of Chimpact on Windows 8 and Windows Phone via an update. The UK based winner will have the opportunity to visit the Yippee! Entertainment studio in Manchester, to see how the game is made and to meet the team.
Full details of the competition and submit your entry, here: www.chimpact.com/competition
Collect bunches of bananas in each stage, as well as exploring every nook and cranny to find the hidden gems but beware the nasty jungle critters lurking where you least expect them. Discover secret paths, avoid obstacles and time your jumps to perfection in this gorgeous jungle adventure. Grab the bonus bananas on your way to enable special abilities in the shop, unlock new costumes and characters to play as one of the other characters in Chuck’s arboreal family.
Awesome game features
· Simple, one-touch gameplay with universal appeal
· Stunning visuals and character design
· Four worlds to explore with 12 levels each.
· Two different game modes to beat: Gem Quest and Totem Trail
· Bananas and hidden gems to collect and achievements to unlock
· Eight abilities and four cool chimps to unlock
· Over 150 challenge medallions to earn
· Available on all major mobile platforms
· Exclusive content now available on Windows 8
Exclusive features to Windows 8 and Windows Phone
· Dynamic landscape or portrait view - for Win8 tablets we still allow portrait mode as well as the new landscape mode and respond to orientation events to dynamically switch between them
· Landscape mode - reworked levels, camera + rendering to support landscape view for desktop
· Live tile update showing current game progress
· Roaming save data - save data stored on cloud (if using Microsoft account) and automatically synced across laptop and tablet devices
· Share current game status via the share charm (over 60 images, 50 different states– share data in text, html and image files formats)
· Access in game options any time via Settings charm
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.