Download WordTrap Dungeon, a mix of scrabble and dungeons, for free
Friday, 1st February 2013 at 3:55 pm
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Crunching Koalas, would like to invite everyone to download and playtest their game second game- WordTrap Dungeon. It is available for free, in a pre-alpha version, through Crunching Koalas crowdsourcing initiative- the Beta Program - http://beta.crunchingkoalas.com
Warsaw, Poland -- February 01, 2013 -- Crunching Koalas would like to invite everyone to download and playtest their second game- WordTrap Dungeon. It is a word spelling game mixed with classic dungeon RPG mechanics. It is available for free, in a pre-alpha version, through Crunching Koalas crowdsourcing initiative- the Beta Program - http://beta.crunchingkoalas.com
ABOUT WORDTRAP DUNGEON
It is a crossover, word spelling game, mixed with classic dungeon RPG mechanics.
The rules of the game are simple:
- form words from available letters
- attack monsters with a magic spell formed by the letters
- be quick, as the monsters are anything but friendly
- defeat the enemies and collect the bonus letters
- advance through the dungeons
This video of pre-alpha gameplay does a pretty good job of showing how that works:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXy7A1RSnWE
The final version of the game will include :
- 2 game modes: Story (which will tell us the tale of a young wizard, trapped in a magic tower) and Arena (where players will try to defeat as many monsters as they can before keeling over)
- a simplified RPG system including statistics, levels of experience, items and lot's of loot
- varied types of dungeons, swarmed with different kinds of enemies, including every-day dungeon fellas (rats, bats and beholders) and bosses, unique for every type of dungeon.
These features will be added gradually to WordTrap Dungeon test versions, which are available for free, for the members of Crunching Koalas Beta Program.
MATERIALS FOR POSSIBLE ARTICLE
- High resolution game logos can be found here: https://crunchingkoalas.com/images/downloads/wordtrap_dungeon_logo_highres.zip
- Screenshots can be found here: https://crunchingkoalas.com/images/downloads/wordtrap_dungeon_preAlpha.zip
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXy7A1RSnWE
WHERE TO DOWNLOAD WORDTRAP DUNGEON PRE-ALPHA VERSION
Early version of WordTrap Dungeon can been downloaded by anyone, who registers to Crunching Koalas Beta Program.
- Register to the Beta Program here : http://beta.crunchingkoalas.com
- If you are already registered, download WordTrap Dungeon here : https://crunchingkoalas.com/?page_id=1479
Beta Program is form of a crowdsourcing initiative, which enables everyone to play, test and send feedback on early versions of studio's games, for free.
Everyone who actively participates in the program will be mentioned in the final game credits and will have an impact on the look and feel of the final game. The studio is also planning on rewarding the most committed Beta Program members with full versions of their games and discount coupons.
At this moment there are over 2200 registered members in the program.
RELEASE DATES AND PLATFORMS
Release date: Q2 / 2013
Platforms: PC/Mac/Linux , Ouya, mobile versions possible but not decided
ABOUT CRUNCHING KOALAS
Crunching Koalas is an independent game development studio, founded by three promising developers: Tom Tomaszewski,£ukasz Juszczyk, Kris Lesiecki and two casual game industry veterans: Konrad Olesiewicz and Maciej Biedrzycki, founders of Codeminion and creators of many games, such as Saqqarah or Phantasmat.
Their mission is to deliver fulfilling experiences, by patiently crafting cheerful digital entertainment for all those, who need a break.
Crunching Koalas are currently focused on developing MouseCraft and WordTrap Dunegon.
Visit their blog to get to know them better : https://crunchingkoalas.com
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.