Tazman-Audio is proud to announce "ModularSynth" extension for Fabric
Tuesday, 8th January 2013 at 10:16 am
ModularSynth is an exciting new framework that allows to effortlessly create new types of audio sources and effects by connecting audio modules together in a visual way. It is available with a number of modules such as generators, samplers, effects, displays, and control panels ready to be used out of the box. It is easy to create new modules yourself and expand it to suit your needs.
Though ModularSynth integrates with Fabric seamlessly, taking advantage of it's powerful features such as event system, hierarchy, runtime parameter control, stealing behavior etc, it can also be used on its own.
- Design complex audio effects using a powerful visual modular environment.
- Create your own modules.
- Load and play audio files with loop regions.
- Save and load module graphs from prefabs.
- Works with Unity web player
Modules currently available:
- Delays (Single, Multi tap)
- Sampler (Sampler, Sampler Loop)
- Filter (Lowpass, Highpass, Allpass, Bandpass, Notch, Peaking, Lowshelf, Highshelf)
- Oscillator (Sine, Saw, Triangle, Pulse, Noise, Random)
- Envelope (ADSR, Custom)
- Signal Path (Crossfade, Mixer, Panner)
- Audio Modifier (Amplifier, Pitchshifter, Clipper)
- IO (Input, Output, OSCSend, OSCReceive)
- Display (LevelMeter, Scope)
- Panel (Slider, Constant, List, Text, Button, Switch)
- Math (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide, Reciprocal, Compare, Modulo)
The ModularSynth beta will be available with the next version of Fabric planned for release next month.
Email at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more or to request an evaluation copy of Fabric.
Fabric provides an extensive array of audio features and custom user interfaces that allow developers to design great audio entirely within Unity3D. Its nested component hierarchy allows users to create complex audio structures and combined with its event based system Fabric reduces the dependency on programmers, giving more power to the sound-designers to work independently.
Fabric’s key features:
- Powerful timeline multi-track component allows layering and crossfading a number of sounds together.
- Dynamic mixer, allows developers to constantly change the audio mix of the game during play.
- Volume meter and side chain components automate volume adjustments, making it easier to let important audio elements cut through the mix.
- Quick integration with the game using an easy and intuitive audio event system.
- Custom user interfaces, allow to quickly iterate and focuses on the audio functionality that is important.
- Written entirely with Unity’s scripting language, doesn’t require external native plug-ins and can be used on any platform that Unity supports.
Tazman-Audio is an audio developer with over 14 years of professional experience in game and tools development with the commitment in developing high quality audio software for game and audio productions. For more information you can visit www.tazman-audio.co.uk or follow us on twitter @Tazman_Audio.
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.