PlayPhone’s Second-Generation SDK Receives Substantial Adoption by Mobile Game Developers Worldwide
Friday, 14th December 2012 at 4:21 pm
Social Gaming Platform Viewed As Most Developer-Friendly Publishing Solution
SAN FRANCISCO, CA - (December 14, 2012)– PlayPhone®, Inc., a global leader in mobile social gaming, announced today that developer adoption for its state-of-the-art social gaming network has increased by 41 percent with the official launch of its second-generation software development kit (SDK). With the closed beta version of PlayPhone SDK 2.0 released during the summer to a select group of developers, PlayPhone has experienced adoption at an accelerated pace during the live beta. As more developers seek solutions for game publishing on smartphones and tablets, PlayPhone’s SDK 2.0 gives them full control over publishing, distribution and monetization across mobile devices. The PlayPhone SDK 2.0, which supports iOS, Android (and will soon support HTML5), is available for free download via the PlayPhone Developer Portal.
Through the release of PlayPhone SDK 2.0, developers are granted more insight and control over their game’s user experience and monetization with an easy-to-use, faster-to-implement solution for game publishing across any mobile platform and device. Built as a one-stop go-to-market solution, PlayPhone SDK 2.0 offers developers everything they need to publish and monetize games on all major global app stores, integrate best-in-class social features, access one-click carrier billing and utilize powerful marketing and analytics tools.
In addition to signing-up more than 400 new developers in the past month, PlayPhone’s existing developer partners have been the first group to integrate and migrate games via the PlayPhone SDK 2.0 release. Premier developers such as Smuttlewerk Interactive, China Wireless Arts, Ambush Games and 1C Wireless have been working with the second-generation SDK since the summer months. Top-ranking titles from global developers that utilize the latest features of PlayPhone SDK 2.0 include:
- Angry Ducks (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Crossword (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Movie Trivia (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Galaxy Chase (Android), Accurve Studios [/*]
- Assaulter: Special Operations (Android), China Wireless Arts [/*]
- Castle of Shadows 2 (Android), China Wireless Arts [/*]
- Journey to Egypt 2 (Android), China Wireless Arts [/*]
- Fish Reef Deluxe 2 (Android), Sun Ground [/*]
- Nosferatu 2: Twilight (Android, iOS) Smuttlewerk Interactive [/*]
- Mahjong 2 (Android), 1C Wireless [/*]
- Max and Mia (Android) Smuttlewerk Interactive [/*]
- Pets Day Out (Android), Origaming Media [/*]
- Scan the Box (Android), Beijing Megafun [/*]
- Ninja Cut Cut (Android), China Mobile Games and Entertainment Group Ltd. [/*]
- Assault Force 2: Zombie Mission (Android) Letang Inc. [/*]
- Slots LIVE! (Android, iOS), Oktagon Games [/*]
- Spooky Sprint (iOS) WedgeKase [/*]
- WordSearch (Android) Ambush Games [/*]
- Prison Poker (Android) Ambush Games [/*]
- Magic Wizards (iOS) WedgeKase [/*]
- Holiday Hootenanny (iOS) WedgeKase [/*]
- Zombie Juggle (iOS) WedgeKase [/*]
- Sudoku (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Chess Online (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Spades (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Hearts (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Video Slots and Poker (Android) 1C Wireless [/*]
- Puzzle Pack (Android) Ambush Games [/*]
Developer feedback from those currently working with PlayPhone SDK 2.0 has been extremely positive, as noted by several of the industry’s top mobile gaming companies.
“PlayPhone continuously provides great developer support, and we received all we needed to integrate our games quickly during the PlayPhone SDK 2.0 beta period,” said Andrey Krampuls, Chief Technology Officer, 1C Wireless, makers of Mahjong 2, Angry Ducks, Spades, Sudoku and multiple other titles. “The integration of killer social features is essential for the promotion of our games, and we’re happy to have many options through the PlayPhone Social Gaming Network.”
“We’re really pleased with how easy it is to integrate our games with PlayPhone’s second-generation SDK,” said Ronaldo Cruz, CEO, Oktagon Games, developers of Slots LIVE! “The PlayPhone SDK 2.0 dashboard is easy to understand and has a great look, and the flexible charge conductions are very important to us during our start-up phase.”
“With PlayPhone SDK 2.0, we were particularly interested in POP!, which is PlayPhone’s marketing tool. We no longer have to build our own in-game messaging to encourage deeper monetization,” said Martin Giaco, CEO and Founder, Smuttlewerk Interactive. “PlayPhone helped us get the word out with the release of Nosferatu, and the ‘Twilight’ update in September generated more than 500,000 new users. We look forward to working with them again on Max&Mia.”
The PlayPhone Social Gaming Network is the premier destination for mobile gamers and provides developers access to millions of users regardless of their smartphone or tablet choice. Recently recognized by Red Herring as a Global Top 100 Company and innovation leader for its social gaming technology, PlayPhone is the first true cross-platform social gaming network on the market today that gives developers a complete publishing solution and full control of their IP. The PlayPhone Social Gaming Network supports all leading development platforms including Android, iOS, HTML5, Windows Phone 7 (WP7), Adobe AIR, with full support for Unity.
For more information on how to join the PlayPhone developers program, developers can visit the PlayPhone Developer Portal. For more information on PlayPhone, visit http://www.playphone.com , on Facebook visit http://www.facebook.com/playphonegames, or follow us on Twitter @playphone.
PlayPhone® is a global leader in delivering mobile social gaming via smartphones and tablets through its cross-platform PlayPhone Social Gaming Network. With a presence in more than 25 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, PlayPhone’s mobile gaming platform provides developers with the ability to launch and monetize social games around the globe. The PlayPhone developers program includes support for all leading platforms: Android, iOS, Adobe AIR, HTML5, WP7, with full support for Unity. Based in San Francisco, Calif., PlayPhone is funded by top venture firms Menlo Ventures, Cardinal Venture Capital, Coral Group, and Scale Venture Partners.
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.