Cie Games’ Car Town Streets Cruises into the App Store
Friday, 16th November 2012 at 2:00 pm
Top Developer of Car Town - the No. 1 Car Game on Facebook - Releases First iOS Game
LONG BEACH, Calif.– Nov. 16, 2012– Cie Games, a successful social game developer and creator of the leading automotive-based Facebook game, Car Town, today announced the global launch of Car Town Streets , now available for free on the App Store for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad. In Car Town Streets, players can find, build and cruise with all their favorite cars in a fully customizable town. The game is built on the legacy of Cie Games’ flagship title, Car Town, which has attracted more than 46 million players and is the first Facebook game built around real-world brands with more than 35 partners.
As part of launch, new partners and the world’s most recognizable brands including Hot Wheels™ from Mattel and Sony’s“Ghostbusters” will be featured in Car Town Streets. Highlights include:
- Hot Wheels™: Live out your daredevil thrills by building an iconic Hot Wheels™ track. Perform cool stunts and collect all four vehicles including a Hot Wheels™ Monster Truck, Twin Mill™, Bad to the Blade™, and the Bone Shaker™![/*]
- Ghostbusters: Feeling like there’s something strange in the neighborhood? Who you gonna call? Ghostbusters! Take a ride in the iconic Ecto-1 vehicle and visit the Ghostbusters headquarters.[/*]
- Nitto Tire: Construct Nitto Tire shops around town. Headed for a road trip? Equip cars with Nitto-branded all-season street, off-road and race tires.[/*]
"What is core to Nitto Tire is innovation in everything that we do and that includes marketing,” said Tomo Mizutani, president of Nitto Tire USA.“Being the first tire company involved in social gaming and now, mobile gaming in the way that we've done with Car Town is just part of our DNA: being on the leading edge. We know that consumer engagement is shifting to mobile devices and particularly games, so partnering with Cie Games on Car Town Streets is not only innovative, it's smart business."
Car Town Streets is a brand new game designed specifically for mobile gamers and offers a different type of game play mechanic from its Facebook predecessor. Players can join Roxy in her quest to restore the town to its former glory when cars ruled the streets. As players find, build, and race with all their favorite cars, new locations and missions will unlock. Other game features include:
- Build a car utopia: Create a town from the ground up with new roads, businesses, and shops. Expand the town from a dusty road stop to a thriving town.[/*]
- Collect awesome cars: Explore and find over 60 favorite and iconic cars that will include the Pontiac GTO, McLaren F1 LM, Ford Deuce Roadster, and many more.[/*]
- Race against rivals: Upgrade cars and form teams to compete in head-to-head race battles for ultimate victory at the Grand Prix.[/*]
- Regular car check-ups: Keep cars running smoothly with tune-ups, tire changes, and performance upgrades to get the edge on opponents in races.[/*]
- Salvage old automobiles: Tow abandoned cars found along the roadside and restore them to mint condition in the one-stop shop garage.[/*]
- Assign jobs: Make cars earn cash by working fun jobs including delivering pizza and more![/*]
- Visit neighboring towns: Stopover in the next town to keep tabs on friends’ progress, help them out or challenge them to a race.[/*]
Car Town Streets is free-to-play and available worldwide on the iTunes App Store today: www.playcartownstreets.com.
Game logo, screenshots, and press assets can be found here: http://gamespress.com/product.asp?c=%28U-%2E9
About Cie Games
Cie Games is a leading developer and publisher of social and mobile games. Its popular game, Car Town , is the first Facebook game built around brands and has attracted more than 46 million players worldwide. Cie Games has developed licensing, advertising and marketing partnerships and integrations with more than 35 major companies and brands, including NASCAR, General Motors, Honda, Ford Motor Company, Ferrari, Regal Entertainment Group, and Walmart. Cie Games is based in Long Beach, California. For more information, visit www.ciegames.com.
About Sony Pictures
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America, a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production and distribution; television production and distribution; home entertainment acquisition and distribution; a global channel network; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; development of new entertainment products, services and technologies; and distribution of entertainment in 159 countries. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.
About the Hot Wheels Brand
Since 1968, Hot Wheels has been passionate about creating thrilling vehicle experiences through innovative product and content. With a fan base of more than 41 million people, Hot Wheels is the No. 1 vehicle property in the United States producing the coolest cars imaginable. The Hot Wheels brand began as a line of 16 1:64-scale die-cast vehicles; today, it has evolved into a true, global lifestyle brand for boys of all ages with segments that range from aftermarket parts to licensed apparel to branded digital content from Team Hot Wheels, a real-life race crew of professional drivers performing over-the-top stunts. For the hottest games and videos, visit www.HotWheels.com and www.Facebook.com/HotWheels.
About Nitto Tire
Nitto Tire develops performance tires for all uses, including racing, off-road and street. Using state-of-the-art manufacturing and testing facilities in both Japan and the United States– Nitto provides innovative and high-quality performance tires for the most demanding automotive enthusiasts. For more information about Nitto or its products, visit the company’s website or contact the company directly. Nitto is a registered trademark of Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc., located at 5665 Plaza Drive, Ste. 250, Cypress, Calif., 90630.
# # #
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.