Pushcat - Boulder Dash meets Bejewelled. And a purple cat.
Monday, 22nd October 2012 at 10:12 am
Zut Games, a new indie studio in Brighton, UK is proud to present their first game - Pushcat!
Pushcat borrows the basic dig-and-push mechanics of Boulder Dash and adds elements of Match 3, resulting in an original, fast-paced mix of puzzle and action arcade gameplay. Style-wise it takes its cues from the golden age of videogames, featuring crisp pixel art and a retro soundtrack.
The player plays the hero Pushcat, a purple cat who just loves silver - which he creates by combining gems of the same colour. As he progresses through the game new elements are gradually built on top of this basic mechanic, then mixed and matched to produce a wide variety of different play experiences - from slower, puzzle-based levels to frantic, chaotic arcade action.
Pushcat is out now for Mac and PC download and costs£5 /€6 / $8. A demo is also available.
The game features...
- Delightful pixel art by Gary J. Lucken, aka Army of Trolls[/*]
- Old school game design - complex gameplay arising from a few simple mechanics[/*]
- Over 60 procedurally generated levels set in five vibrant worlds[/*]
- A chirpy retro ragtime soundtrack[/*]
- Slime and rainbows. Every game needs slime and rainbows, right?[/*]
Presskit (bio, screenshots etc)
[strong id="internal-source-marker_0.7683458738029003"]Review copy[/b]
Submit the form here: http://zutgames.com/press/sheet.php?p=pushcat
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.