Zombies, Run! 5k Training Out Now
Tuesday, 16th October 2012 at 11:25 am
Follow up to the hugely successful Zombies, Run! focuses on Couch To 5k training.
London, UK - 16th October, 2012 - Six to Start and Naomi Alderman, co-creators of the hit running game“Zombies, Run!” today announced the release of Zombies, Run! 5k Training, a‘couch to 5k’-style run training app set in the same universe.
Zombies, Run! 5k Training is a new app now available on iPhone and iPod Touch (coming to Android in the near future) where players are taken on an eight week training adventure that guides players from basic exercise to running a 5k race, with audio cues that combine training instructions and a gripping story delivered direct to their headphones.
Since its launch in Spring, Zombies, Run! has sold over 175,000 copies worldwide with millions of kilometres logged, making it the most popular smartphone exercise game in history - and now Zombies, Run! 5k Training is the the perfect introduction to the world of Zombies, Run! for people with no previous experience of running.
At only $3.99, Zombies, Run! 5k Training costs a tiny fraction of a gym membership but offers far more value - not just in the workouts and story, but also the exclusive ZombieLink integration that provides free maps and workout reports online. And with a training schedule created in collaboration with expert running coaches Julia Jones and Shauna Reid of Up and Running e-courses, players can know that they’re in safe and experienced hands.
Adrian Hon, CEO and co-founder of Six to Start, said,“It’s the perfect app for anyone who wants to begin running, especially if you find it difficult or boring to get going! We’ve received thousands of emails and tweets from players of all ages who’ve lost pounds and improved their fitness with Zombies, Run!, so we’re delighted to bring the excitement of running to even more people.”
“We’ve already discovered with Zombies, Run! that when players want to find out what happens next in our story, they’re motivated to get out there and exercise even on lazy days,” said co-creator and lead writer Naomi Alderman,“our 5k training programme tells a fast-paced 24-episode story which follows your exercise progress and takes you from raw recruit to a kick-ass running action hero. It features new storylines for existing characters, as well as expanding the Zombies, Run! universe with new information and characters. It’ll definitely get your heart thumping.”
Zombies, Run! was shortlisted for five Develop 2012 awards including best narrative, best audio, and best new IP and is one of three videogames shortlisted for the Writers’ Guild of Great Britain narrative award.
Work continues on Zombies, Run! Season 2, which will be a huge update to the format, as well as new race missions and interval training for Season 1. More details will be revealed about these in the near future.
Key Facts and Figures
- Costs $3.99 and is available worldwide on the iTunes App Store at http://bit.ly/Ruvgky[/*]
- Contains 24 new workouts that combine simple and clear training instructions and a gripping story, each lasting 30-40 minutes[/*]
- The eight week beginners fitness program was created in collaboration with Julia Jones and Shauna Reid. Julia is a running coach, has written a column for running magazine Correre for 17 years and has completed 33 marathons along with numerous triathlons. Shauna is the author of popular health and fitness blog The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl and penned a memoir of the same name, published by HarperCollins. They are the creators of online running coaching site http://www.upandrunningonline.org .[/*]
- Players will see all new interface to reflect Zombies, Run! 5k Training’s target audience of beginners[/*]
- Connects to ZombieLink for free online workout mapping and stats tracking, together with a new interface[/*]
- Zombies, Run! 5k Training can be played anywhere in the world, at any speed - from walking to jogging to running, and even on a treadmill[/*]
- The app allows players to listen to their own music and playlists while training[/*]
- Over 175,000 people have bought Zombies, Run!, accumulating over two million kilometres of runs[/*]
For further enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 033 3340 7490
Assets can be downloaded from http://bit.ly/XdW8sT
About Six to Start
Six to Start is a multiple award-winning company in London that makes storylike games and game-like stories for the web, mobile, and real world. We’ve made worldwide treasure hunts and games involving millions of players for Muse, Channel 4, and the BBC, we’ve created cutting edge web-native fiction that’s won Best of Show at SXSW and been exhibited at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, and we do R&D for companies like Disney Imagineering and Microsoft.
Find out more at http://www.sixtostart.com
About Naomi Alderman
Naomi Alderman has a background in literary fiction - her novels including‘Disobedience’,‘The Lessons’ and‘The Liars’ Gospel’ have been published in 10 languages, read on BBC Radio 4’s Book at Bedtime. She’s Professor of Creative Writing at Bath Spa University and she’s won the Orange Award for New Writers - but she also has a genre side. She was lead writer on long-running alternate reality game Perplex City, has made games for the BBC, writes about games for The Guardian and her Doctor Who novel Borrowed Time was published in July 2011.
Find out more at http://www.naomialderman.com
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.