Open Beta Begins for CABAL ONLINE
Wednesday, 30th January 2008 at 8:43 am
OG Planet Brings Its Unique Action-Oriented MMORPG to North America
El Segundo, Calif.- Jan 29, 2008 - OGPlanet, an innovative provider of multiplayer online games, today announced the start of the U.S. open beta testing period for CABAL ONLINE, an action- oriented massively multiplayer online game that already boasts nearly 1 million players in more than 12 countries throughout Asia and Europe . Open beta testing will begin on Feb. 1, 2008, and continue until the game officially launches on Feb. 21, 2008.
Made world-famous for its high-octane attack system, CABAL allows for combination-based fighting and a whole new type of player vs. player combat. Consistent with the OGPlanet model, CABAL will be free to play, with the option to purchase in-game items and features.
In CABAL ONLINE, players are called upon to protect the people of Nevareth from an evil entity known as CABAL. Centuries ago, the evil CABAL all but destroyed Nevareth, but the land was saved and rebuilt by seven great masters wielding the ancient abilities of Force Power. Nearly a thousand years later, CABAL has returned, and it is up to players to master the intricacies of the Force Power and use them to save Nevareth.
Set in a diverse environment that includes ice temples, forgotten ruins, desert hideaways, mutant forests and volcanic citadels, CABAL engages players with dynamic quests-not just the "collect 10 of something and bring it to me" variety-and more than 300 dungeons to explore. With 170 levels, CABAL is conducive to either hardcore or casual game play.
Additional CABAL ONLINE features include:
- An interactive combat system that utilizes combination attacks (precision and timing sensitive) to deliver blow after blow with NPC and PvP encounters.[/*]
- Six distinctive classes of characters-Warrior, Force Archer, Blader, Force Shielder, Wizard and Force Blader-each offering an entirely unique game play experience within CABAL.[/*]
- An in-game downloadable jukebox that allows players to download their own songs to play while they take on CABAL.[/*]
- Afluid fighting interface that brings intuitive and elegant motions to players' fingertips. Different classes bring unique movements and actions to their character both in and out of the battle zone.[/*]
- All in-game items can be crafted into new items or enhancement.[/*]
- A dynamic character-creation tool with more than 200 options.[/*]
- More than 300 dungeons featuring highly original and challenging quest designs to explore.[/*]
- Magical and mystical unlockables enhance healing, attacking, crafting and shielding powers.[/*]
- Astral cycles and boards allow players to travel great distances in short amounts of time.[/*]
- Hundreds of weapon styles, ranging from blade, bow and arrow, guns, and magic, are available.[/*]
- Supports multi-player Server-Client.[/*]
- A state-of-the-art game engine delivers stunning, high-polygon-count 3D graphics at a sustainable high frame rate, even on low-end machines.[/*]
- Unparalleled special effects: dynamic lighting shading, Z-buffering, particle-based effects.[/*]
- An engine designed and built by a staff experienced with massive network traffic management to minimize any latency.[/*]
- Supports most popular 3D hardware accelerators.[/*]
More information and registration for the CABAL ONLINE open beta can be found at http://cabal.ogp lanet.com/.
Note to editors: CABAL ONLINE assets, including art, movies and a product sheet, are available for your use on the MMPR ftp site ( http://www.mmpr.com/MMPRFTP), inside the OGPlanet folder.
Based in El Segundo, California, OGPlanet is a leading publisher in North American of free to play and downloadable games. OGPlanet offers micro- transactions as a revenue source. Founded in 2005 by SangChul Park, President. For more information, visit www.ogplanet.com.
Michael Meyers PR
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.