www.wiipicross.com Releases Child's Play Puzzle Book + New Site Features
Thursday, 13th December 2007 at 10:05 am
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
This week, Wii Picross announces the release of "Picross 4 Kids", an imaginative book of original picross puzzles created for younger players. Fifty percent of all proceeds this year are to be donated to the Child's Play 2007 charity, which supports Children's Hospitals in many different countries.
Picross 4 Kids is fully illustrated with a wide variety of comical situations featuring inventive uses of picross puzzles. The book is 52 pages long with over 100 puzzles, and includes a thorough tutorial as well as a complete solution guide. It is carefully designed to be accessible to children as young 5 or 6 years old, but it offers a a variety of challenges for kids of all ages. This fun and healthy pastime will exercise childrens' math and logic skills without them being aware of it, and the many hours of enjoyment it offers makes it a perfect gift for the holidays.
Picross 4 Kids is available now as an e-book, and as a printed comic book. ( www.wiipicross.com/picross4kids)
More information and demo pages from the e-book can be found here: ( http://www.wiipicross.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=614)
If you haven't visited www.wiipicross.com since its launch then you don't know it at all!
Since July 2007, this family friendly, global picross puzzle site for Wii and PC has greatly expanded with:
- Nearly 2000 puzzles in the Puzzle Bank, manually tested and fixed for solvability
- A player voting system ranking all of the puzzles by quality
- A Puzzle Search screen that lets you explore the huge variety of puzzles by their popularity and thematic tags or keywords
- Weekly Top Designer rankings
- Random Play, letting you set preferences and then enjoy a stream of puzzle content
- RSS feed for Puzzle of the Day
- Greater screen space, optimized for widescreen Wii use and a better PC experience
- New grid features: interactive clues that fade as you satisfy them, and row and column highlights
- The ability to print out any puzzle, with instructions and example puzzles, to share and play on paper
- Improved Design screen features
- And festive Advent Calendar puzzles running up until December 25th
All of this on top of the already solid platform of tutorials, feature puzzles, community forums, and designing and sharing of user puzzles with players from all over the world.
About Wiipicross.com: Wiipicross.com is a product of Questengine Incorporated, an independent developer of video games designed for all ages.
Launch press release: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=27158
About Child'sPlay: Child's Play is a charitable organization founded by the authors of the popular computer and video games-based webcomic Penny Arcade that organizes worldwide toy drives to children's hospitals.
Contact: Brandon Wood
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.