Matrix Games Announces a Live Chat Event for War in the Pacific and its newly announced Expansion!
Wednesday, 12th December 2007 at 10:03 am
Chat with lead developer of the War in the Pacific expansion, Admiral's Edition!
For Immediate Release
Staten Island, NY, December 12th, 2007– Matrix Games ( www.matrixgames.com) and 2 by 3 Games ( www.2by3games.com) are pleased to announce that they will be hosting a live chat to discuss the wargaming masterpiece War in the Pacific and its newly announced expansion, Admiral’s Edition! The chat is scheduled to start on Thursday, December 13th at 9 PM EST and will be hosted at the Matrix Games Live Chat area on the Matrix Games website.
David Heath, Director of Operations at Matrix Games, said,“War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition just has too many improvements, tweaks, additions, and more to be listed in any one place. This live chat is a great chance for gamers who want to chat in person and in detail about the countless improvements and additions to the inner workings of War in the Pacific expansion coming their way this summer.”
Joe Wilkerson, Project Leader for Henderson Field Designs added,“My team of developers and I have quietly waited to announce word of this fantastic expansion for quite some time now. It’s going to be great to have the chance to speak with the War in the Pacific community, both newcomers and hardcore fans alike who are eagerly awaiting the Admiral’s Edition expansion.”
War in the Pacific: The Struggle Against Japan 1941-1945 is a legendary and widely acclaimed turn-based strategy masterpiece. The scale of the original War in the Pacific is 60 miles per hex and units are composed of individual vehicles, aircraft, guns and squads. Since half the planet Earth is covered by the titanic Pacific struggle, the game is massive in scope, covering thousands of ships and tens of thousands of aircraft. Virtually every ship, air group and battalion sized or larger troop formation is covered in exacting detail.
An expansion to War in the Pacific, called War in the Pacific: Admiral’s Edition, has just been announced and has been met with great anticipation and excitement. Although the individual improvements are far too numerous to mention in this press release, the highlights alone should grab the attention of any War in the Pacific fan:
- An all new 40 nautical mile per hex map covering the entire Pacific theater and off-map bases[/*]
- Six new scenarios, including a new grand campaign with meticulously researched orders of battle[/*]
- Improved naval operations, including waypoints, mid-ocean intercepts, new ship classes and devises and a greatly improved ship upgrade system, engine vs. system damage, new ship art and realistic new port limits for ships, cargo and repairs[/*]
- Improved air operations, including more realistic CAP, more detailed and realistic dog fighting, an improved pilot skill and replacement system, persistent plane damage and more realistic plane maintenance, improved for of war, new aircraft art and over 500 airplane types[/*]
- Improved land operations, including transportation networks defined by hex-side, new operations modes for land units, dynamic zone of control, tactical movement, improved fog of war and overstacking rules for atolls and small islands.[/*]
- Improved economy and industry to reflect more realistic operations as well as more historical balance[/*]
- The most historical and detailed order of battle for the Pacific War ever put into a wargame![/*]
- A new scenario editor, built from the ground up to make scenario and mod-making easier, with expanded slot limits, text search and upgradeable unit TO&Es[/*]
- Printed 196 page COLOR manual (boxed copy only)[/*]
Get more information on War in the Pacific and its expansion Admiral’s Edition from their respective product pages and be sure to head over the Matrix Games Live Chat area on Thursday, December 13th at 9 PM EST!
ABOUT MATRIX GAMES
Matrix Games produces, markets and publishes historical wargames as well as other computer gaming products. Since 2000, Matrix Games has published over three dozen titles and several award-winning games, including War in the Pacific, Conquest of the Aegean, Gary Grigsby's World At War: A World Divided, Crown of Glory, Battles In Normandy, Harpoon 3 Advanced Naval Warfare, Starshatter: The Gathering Storm and The Operational Art of War III. Matrix Games is based in Staten Island, New York. For more information, visit the Matrix Games website at www.matrixgames.com.
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.