Cranium Kabookii Video Game In Stores Now [12.04.07]
Wednesday, 5th December 2007 at 9:15 am
Today Ubisoft, one of the world's largest video game publishers, announced that Cranium® Kabookii has shipped to retailers nationwide and is available exclusively for the WiiTM home video game system from Nintendo. Developed by Ubisoft’s Quebec studio, in collaboration with five-time Toy Industry Association Game of the Year winner Cranium, Inc., Cranium Kabookii celebrates the amazing things friends and family can do as they create, perform, discover and connect with one another. Cranium Kabookii is rated“E” for Everyone and has an MSRP of $49.99.
“The Cranium brand is synonymous with creativity, expression, and fun. By bringing these attributes to the Wii, Cranium Kabookii is the perfect addition to our Games for Everyone line,” said Tony Key, senior vice president of sales and marketing at Ubisoft,“We are extremely excited to be working with Cranium, Inc., who have established themselves as pioneers in the industry by creating unique and innovative games for all ages.”
Cranium Kabookii brings a new dimension to Wii play through the use of the Wii Remote™ and special Kabookii Decoder Glasses. New questions and 15 activities get teams playing music, drawing, acting, puzzling and even cracking codes to win. Spray paint the solar system on a wall (you actually hear the can shaking in your hand!); use the Wii Remote as a mallet to hammer out“Auld Lang Syne” on a xylophone; solve word puzzles (what word is both a face card and car lifter?); or even trot the globe to test your knowledge of world flags, landmarks and national anthems (frequent flier miles not included!).
“Cranium Kabookii is our first family video game, and we couldn’t have found a better partner in Ubisoft,” said Cranium Chief Noodler and co-founder Whit Alexander.“The Quebec studio’s understanding of our brand, paired with their excellence in video game development, allowed us to create a play experience that’s a first for the Wii and a first for Cranium. This is an exciting milestone for us.”
- The family game show for your Wii: Enter the Cranium Kabookii arena, spin the carousel and land on one of 15 different activities to start the fun![/*]
- CREATE works of art and imagination with spray paint, chalk and disappearing ink[/*]
- DISCOVER fascinating new things in true-false, multiple choice and globe-spinning trivia puzzles[/*]
- PERFORM hilarious feats by acting, playing songs and mastering the art of memorization[/*]
- CONNECT with friends and family as you crack codes, decipher clues, and remix phrases.[/*]
- Something for everyone: Unlimited players! Up to four teams, each with two or more players of all ages, can compete against each other. Engaging and hilariously entertaining, Cranium Kabookii is perfect for any combination of aspiring artists, performers, data heads or wordsmiths.[/*]
- Special Kabookii Decoder Glasses: Unveil secret clues on the TV without revealing them to other players in the room.[/*]
- Play globally, act locally:Custom built! Cranium Kabookii is the first Wii game with international questions carefully crafted to celebrate the unique culture and sense of humor of players in Canada, France, Spain, the United Kingdom and the United States.[/*]
Ubisoft is a leading producer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment products worldwide and has grown considerably through a strong and diversified line-up of products and partnerships. Ubisoft has offices in 23 countries and sales in more than 50 countries around the globe. It is committed to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge video game titles to consumers. Ubisoft generated sales of 680 million Euros for the 2006-07 fiscal year. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About Cranium, Inc.
Cranium, Inc. reinvented the board game category in 1998 with the launch of Cranium and a pledge to give everybody the chance to shine. Today, Cranium leads the industry in innovation through a constant passion for changing the rules. Celebrated for its award-winning products and culture, Cranium is recognized as one of Seattle's Best Places to Work, one of Washington State's Top 100 Privately Held Companies, and five-time winner of the Toy Industry Association's T.O.T.Y. Game of the Year award. With more than 22 million games, books, and toys sold worldwide, Cranium continues to fuel a global movement of more than half a million Craniacs in nearly 30 countries and more than 10 languages. From Cranium games and puzzles to books and toys, everything we create celebrates the full range of natural abilities as kids, families and adults create, discover, perform and connect. For more information, visit www.cranium.com.
Cranium® Kabookii© 2007 Ubisoft Entertainment. Ubisoft, Ubi.com, and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries. Cranium® 2007 Cranium, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Cranium® Kabookii, Cranium® and Cranium are trademarks of Cranium, Inc. Licensed to Ubisoft Entertainment by Cranium Inc. TM and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.© 2006 Nintendo.
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.