Inaugural Independent Games Festival Mobile At GDC 2008 Names Judges
Thursday, 11th October 2007 at 5:11 pm
October 26th Deadline for Submissions; Nearly $20,000 in Prizes Offered
SAN FRANCISCO—Oct 11, 2007— Organizers of the Independent Games Festival (IGF) have named the judges for the inaugural IGF Mobile, a first-of-its-kind event, celebrating innovation in games for cellphones and other mobile devices including Sony’s PlayStation Portable and the Nintendo DS. High-profile executives and journalists within the mobile gaming industry have been confirmed to award nearly $20,000 in prizes at this sister event to the IGF.
Confirmed judges for IGF Mobile are:
- Mike Yuen, Senior Director, Gaming Group, Qualcomm[/*]
- David Gosen, CEO, I-play[/*]
- Arjan Olsder, Writer, Mobilegamesblog.com[/*]
- Darryl Williams, Senior Director of Content, Playphone[/*]
- Justin Davis, Editor-in-chief, Modojo[/*]
- Demetri G. Detsaridis, Creative Director, Massively Mobile[/*]
- Stuart Dredge, Writer, Pocket Gamer[/*]
- Neil Trevett, Vice President Mobile Content, NVIDIA[/*]
- Monty Munford, Business Development Director, Player X[/*]
- Steve Wetherill, President, Uztek Games[/*]
- Matthew Hawkins, Writer, zedgeHeadz[/*]
- Michael Chang, CEO, Greystripe[/*]
- John Walker, Writer, Rock Paper Shotgun[/*]
Like the IGF, the IGF Mobile will have its own pavilion featuring the finalists on the show floor atthe Game Developers Conference (GDC) 2008 next February. All finalist games will be playable on the GDC show floor,. Winners will be announced at a ceremony during the GDC Mobile conference and honored during the main IGF Awards on Wednesday February 20, 2008. Submissions for the IGF Mobile competition close October 26, 2007. For more information or to submit a proposal, please visit http://www.igfmobile.com .
About the CMP Game Group ( www.cmpgame.com)
The CMP Game Group, a division of CMP Technology ( www.cmp.com), delivers essential information and enables community within the game industry through events, services, and media. The group's flagship products include the world-leading Game Developers Conferenceâ and the Webby Award-winning Gamasutra.com. For more information, please visit www.cmpgame.com.
About CMP Technology ( www.cmp.com)
CMP Technology is a marketing solutions company serving the technology industry. Through its market-leading portfolio of trusted information brands, CMP has earned the confidence of more technology professionals than any other media company. As a result, CMP is the premier provider of access, insight and actionable programs designed to connect sellers and buyers in ways that yield superior return on investment. CMP Technology is a subsidiary of United Business Media ( www.unitedbusinessmedia.com), a global provider of news distribution and specialist information services with a market capitalization of more than $3 billion.
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.