The 'King of the Jungle' Returns!!
Thursday, 4th October 2007 at 2:46 pm
George of the Jungle™ coming soon to PlayStation®2, Nintendo Wii™ and Nintendo DS™
Date: 4th October‘07
Ignition Entertainment is pleased to announce the European release of George of the Jungle™ for PlayStation®2, Wii™ and Nintendo DS™.
Based on the beloved Jay Ward classic, you take control of George and guide him through his challenging, yet hilarious, quest.
A game for all the family, George is an epic side-scrolling platformer, that will have you swinging, running, jumping, climbing, fighting and laughing your way through an assortment of obstacles whilst collecting bonus items along the way.
Experience beautifully recreated cell shaded characters and rich, lush jungle environments. Interact with a host of characters that are supplemented with actual voiceovers from the cartoon series.
The Jungle is a dangerous place, full of…well…‘DANGER’!, but George with a little help from his friends shall overcome these and prove why he is the only true heir to the Jungle throne.
"George of the Jungle™ has always proved to be a favourite with kids of all ages and it is a pleasure to be working with Entertainment Rights to bring the franchise to a new generation of fans" said Peter Rollinson, Product manager, Ignition Entertainment Ltd.
Laura Turner Laing, VP Global Digital&Music, Entertainment Rights Plc added:“We are delighted to be partnering with Ignition on the George of the Jungle™ game, the first releases from the global George of the Jungle™ licensed product programme. In the upcoming release of the new animated George of the Jungle™ series, families can watch, then experience George’s monkey business first hand by guiding him through this vine-swinging jungle quest– just watch out for that tree!"
- Swing, run, jump, climb and charge your way through exciting adventures as George of the Jungle™![/*]
- Based on the classic Jay Ward series and the highly anticipated new animated series due to air on Nickelodeon (UK) Autumn 2007[/*]
- Enter the jungle– dangerous to some, a playground to George[/*]
- Join George on his hilarious quest[/*]
- Interact with the whole gang– Ursula, Magnolia, Dr. Scott, the Witch Doctor, Shep and of course George’s best buddy Ape[/*]
- Battle hostile monkey tribes, ferocious crocodiles, tiki warriors, and many other entertaining enemy encounters[/*]
George of the Jungle™ for the PlayStation®2, Wii™, Nintendo DS™ is scheduled for release Q1‘08
For further information please visit: www.ignitionent.com/gotj
For more information, please contact:
Peter Rollinson or Derek Reeve, Ignition Entertainment
01992 70 39 70
About IGNITION ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED
Ignition was created by a core team of gaming industry veterans with the purpose of building upon their successful track record within the international games industry, and to bring a fresh new approach to both the development and distribution of original gaming product. You can find more information about IGNITION ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED at http://www.ignitionent.com
UTV Software Communications Ltd. is India’s foremost Media&Entertainment Company with leadership position in four verticals that includes Motion Pictures, Broadcasting, TV Content and New Media (i.e. Animation and Gaming). Listed on the Mumbai Stock Exchange. Walt Disney Inc holds a strategic stake in UTV. It has subsidiaries with offices across India, the UK and USA.
UTV Motion Pictures pioneered the Studio Model in India with operations encompassing Production, Marketing, Distribution and International Co-Productions. Strategic relationships with 20th Century Fox, Walt Disney and Sony Pictures, along with Will Smith’s Overbrook, have positioned UTV as the only South Asian Company in the International Movie Space. Recent releases include Mira Nair’s“The Namesake” and under-Production M. Night Shyamalan’s“The Happening”. Its Indian slate includes the BAFTA nominated Rang De Basanti with a slate of over 12 movies on the floor, along with its International Co-Productions makes it the largest Movie Studio in South Asia.
In New Media, UTV has one of the largest 3D Animated facilities located in Mumbai and after it acquiring controlling stakes in two Gaming Companies i.e. India Games (India’s largest Mobile Gaming company) and Ignition UK (Console Gaming), along with it having under production three of the largest animation movies to come out of India in the next 2 years, it has carved a space as the premier New Media Company in South Asia.
In Television Content, a business with which UTV was founded, the company produces and markets over 20hrs of television programmes a week in multiple languages.
In Broadcasting, after its roaring success of its Kids Channel– Hungama TV to the Number 1 position in 18 months, UTV launches a bouquet of Channels including India's first Youth Entertainment Brand and related channels called "Bindass", a World Cinema Channel entitled "Olive" and a slue of other Channels to be announced soon. UTV will also create its own Distribution Bouquet for its channels.
More information on the group is available at www.utvnet.com
About Entertainment Rights
· Entertainment Rights Plc (“ER”) is the UK’s leading global media group specialising in the ownership of high quality children’s and family programming, characters and brands
· ER owns or controls the rights to many global characters including Basil Brush®, Postman Pat®, Jess the Cat™, Little Red Tractor™, Rupert Bear®, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe®, Fat Albert and the Cosby kids™, She-Ra®, Jim Jam&Sunny™, Ghostbusters, , The Lone Ranger, Lassie, Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, Casper the Friendly Ghost, Felix the Cat and the award-winning Veggie Tales
· In January 2007, ER acquired Classic Media, the US-based owner of an extensive portfolio of children’s and family characters and brands including Big Idea Productions Inc, producer and creator of the
award-winning‘Veggie Tales’ series of programming which, to date, has sold over 45 million home entertainment units in the US
· Since 1999, when ER owned rights to just 39 episodes of programming, ER’s library has grown to circa 8,700 episodes of high quality children’s and family characters and brands. This includes certain rights to global brands such as Mattel’s Barbie™, Scholastic’s CliffordTM and Hasbro’s Transformers™
· ER’s wholly owned subsidiary Tell-Tale Productions, created and produced The Tweenies, one of the UK’s most successful pre-school brands
· ER has grown rapidly. Annual revenues have increased from£1.8m in 1999 to£29.7m in 2006, the last reported financial year
Game© 2007 Crave Entertainment, Inc. All rights reserved.
Code© 2007 7 Studios Corporation. All rights reserved.
"George of the Jungle" television series© 2007 Bullwinkle Studios. All rights reserved.
GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE and associated character names, images and other indicia are trademarks of and copyrighted by Ward Productions, Inc. and Bullwinkle Studios. Used by permission.
" " and "PlayStation" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
NINTENDO DS, Wii AND THE Wii LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF NINTENDO
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.