2008 International CES Conference Program Highlights Full Range Of Consumer Technology
Wednesday, 26th September 2007 at 9:32 am
More than 175 Conferences, Knowledge Track Sessions and Partner Programs Offered at the 2008 International CES
Arlington, Va., September 25, 2007– The 2008 International CES® today announced its extensive lineup of more than 175 conference sessions designed to help educate attendees on the latest consumer electronics industry trends. The 2008 International CES, the world’s largest consumer technology tradeshow, will be held Monday-Thursday, January 7-10 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“The International CES brings together leading experts across the globe to deliver a wide range of conferences and training sessions that cover all aspects of consumer technology,” said Karen Chupka, senior vice president of events and conferences for the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®, the producer of the International CES.“CES is the top educational forum for consumer technology and gives CES participants an unparalleled opportunity to learn from and network with the best in the industry.”
The diverse program includes conference sessions on such hot product categories as digital entertainment, wireless trends, audio, digital imaging, emerging technology, gaming, home networking and in-vehicle technology.
The 2008 International CES conference program consists of Knowledge Track sessions, Partner Programs, and SuperSessions that cover virtually every aspect of business and consumer technology in the world.
CES Knowledge Tracks bring together experts to share their ideas and insight on a variety of CE products and technologies. Each track features in-depth content on specific market segments including:
- Emerging Technology– Innovation occurs so rapidly in the CE industry that keeping up can leave you breathless. Get the critical information you need to understand how the industry, markets and consumers will be affected by new and improved technologies.[/*]
- Home and Lifestyle Entertainment– Consumers want their entertainment real, dynamic and accessible. See what and how they’ll be watching, listening and playing from the comfort of their own homes.[/*]
- In-Vehicle Technology– See what drives this important category. Explore the amazing advances in communications, security, navigation, safety and entertainment.[/*]
- Issues and Attitudes– Explore a range of critical issues in thought-provoking sessions on the hot-button topics of the day, including a growing“green” consciousness in the industry and new sources of capital for smaller innovators.[/*]
- Just the Facts: Research, Reports and Revelation– Get the facts from experts in market research and analytics on where the industry is heading and the research and development that pointed it in that direction.[/*]
- Sales and Marketing– From teenage social networkers to boomers embracing lifestyle-enhancing devices, niche markets are growing and becoming more specialized. Learn how demography, technology, and marketing intertwine to tap new distribution channels and create new partnerships.[/*]
- Wireless Retail– Wireless is hotter than ever and competition in the marketplace is fierce. Get new strategies for deepening business relationships, better understanding research-based trends and fresh approaches to attracting consumers.[/*]
To supplement the 2008 International CES conference program, CES Partner Programs feature additional expertise and technical knowledge from some of the CE industry’s most credible names. Partner programs consist of informative sessions on new and emerging technologies as well as hands-on training courses in digital media, mobile entertainment and gaming. Partner programs at the 2008 International CES include:
- Digital Hollywood– Explore the“three Rs”– revolution, redefinition and refocus– that are affecting the content, entertainment, social networking, product innovations, the digital home, consumer perceptions and market forces.[/*]
- CES Game Power Conference– Delve into the world of gaming creativity, platforms, business opportunities and marketing strategies. See who’s playing what now and what’s next for this dynamic category.[/*]
- CES Mobile Entertainment– The advances in mobile entertainment make it one of the most compelling success stories the CE industry has ever experienced. Learn about all of the contributing factors, and see where this exciting category is headed[/*]
- CES Reinventing Advertising - As digital technologies emerge and engage consumers in new ways, the relationship among brand, agency and consumer is evolving into a fresh business model. Explore the advertising opportunities in cable, satellite, HD, mobile, games, podcasts and broadband, and how to use them to your best advantage.[/*]
- Billboard’s Digital Music Live!– Explore how technology is affecting every aspect of the music industry with today’s top music managers, touring agents, record label executives, publishers and leading technology innovators. Listen and learn from the best.[/*]
- CEA-CompTIA Digital Home Technology Integrator+ (DHTI+) Certification Preparation– Prepare to take the certification test offered by CompTIA with this intensive workshop and in-depth review of networking, audio-video, telephone/VoIP, security and surveillance, home control management, documentation and troubleshooting.[/*]
- CES Government 2008– Examine the critical intersection of technology applications and legislative challenges with senior technology and management executives from government and industry, elected officials, candidates and political experts.[/*]
- CES Mobile Electronics Installer Boot Camp– The Mobile Electronics Certified Professional (MECP) program will again be a highlight of the International CES. Sign up and gain access to our sponsors, the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE); complimentary invitations to the annual CES Mobile Electronics Division reception; sessions focused on custom installation; OEM technologies hot technology and tips from industry experts; and a personal guided tour though the CES North Hall, home to the key players in In-vehicle Technology.[/*]
- Consumer Electronics Supply Chain Academy– Learn about the changing dynamics and innovations in the consumer technology supply chain from top retail executives.[/*]
- Consumer Robotics Market Development Program - The robotics industry is expanding dramatically, with consumer robotics expected to be the largest market segment thanks to exciting advances and new applications. Get profitability strategies, hot product ideas, market analyses and more from industry experts.[/*]
- ESPA Certified-EST (Electronic Systems Technician) Training– Be one of the first to experience the new Electronic Systems Technician (EST) training and certification programs offered by ESPA, the Electronic Systems Professional Alliance. This Review Course training is geared towards those with some work experience who plan to take the certification exam once it’s offered.[/*]
- IEEE: International Conference on Consumer Electronics (ICCE)– Review the latest research and development ideas and learn about the next generation of CE products.[/*]
- Overcoming the Challenges of Going Green– The change to lead-free has introduced a variety of challenges to the manufacturing and processing of reliable electronic products. Examine the challenges encountered in the transition to lead-free manufacturing and get solutions for the future.[/*]
- P2P Media Summit LV– Participate in the Distributed Computing Industry Association’s (DCIA) industry event, featuring keynotes from top peer-to-peer (P2P) and social networking software companies; tracks on policy, technology and marketing; panel discussions covering content distribution and solutions development; valuable workshops; and more.[/*]
- SMB Channel Business Development Program– Find out how to effectively market and grow your business, what technologies and services are in demand by SMBs, and get strategies for selling those products while navigating the channel. This is a must attend if you’re a channel reseller, consultant, integrator or system builder.[/*]
- The Anywhere Consumer Experience Show– The emergence of the Anywhere Consumer™ will be among the most significant technological, societal and commercial global trends of the next decade. Find out what consumers will do next.[/*]
- The Sandbox Summit: A Playdate with Technology– Jump into the world of digital kids at the Sandbox Summit. Get a handle on the toys, trends and products that are shaping the way kids play today.[/*]
- THX Home Theater Training: THX Certified Technician I–Learn how to provide your clients with the best, most exciting home theater experience, regardless of brand or price. Join the team of professional THX Certified Technicians by completing this comprehensive one-day course.[/*]
For more information on the 2008 International CES conference program and detailed conference schedules, please visit www.CESweb.org/conferences.
Note to Journalists:
General press and analyst registration, as well as detailed press conference information, is available at www.CESweb.org. Journalists are encouraged to arrive in Las Vegas by Saturday, January 5, to take advantage of all the CES press events, including CES Unveiled from 4-7 p.m. on January 5.
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is the preeminent trade association promoting growth in the $148 billion U.S. consumer technology industry through technology policy, events, research, promotion and the fostering of business and strategic relationships. CEA represents more than 2,100 corporate members involved in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and integration of audio, video, mobile electronics, wireless and landline communications, information technology, digital imaging, home networking, multimedia and accessory products, as well as related services that are sold through consumer channels. CEA's resources are available online at www.CE.org, the definitive source for information about the consumer electronics industry. CEA also sponsors and manages the International CES– Where Entertainment, Technology and Business Converge. All profits from CES are reinvested into industry se rvices, including technical training and education, industry promotion, engineering standards development, market research and legislative advocacy.
- CEA Industry Forum[/*]
- Digital Hollywood Fall[/*]
- EHX Fall 2007[/*]
- Future of Television Forum[/*]
- CES New York Press Preview Featuring CES Unveiled[/*]
- CONNECTIONSTM Europe: Strategies for Digital Living Markets[/*]
- CES Unveiled: The Official Press Event of the International CES[/*]
- 2008 International CES[/*]
- Digital Music Forum East[/*]
- EHX Spring 2008[/*]
- 2008 PARA Conference[/*]
- Digital Patriots Dinner[/*]
- CEA Washington Forum[/*]
- International CES/Hometech[/*]
- SINOCES 2008[/*]
Tel: (703) 907-7419
tel: (703) 907-7621
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.