UKIE reveals speakers for ConnectedUK
Tuesday, 24th April 2012 at 9:45 pm
Series of events to explore new opportunities for the games industry
The UKIE has announced the key speakers for a series of cross industry events dubbed ConnectedUK that seeks to explore the new possibilities being opened up by the multi-screen connected world.
The series has been designed for businesses to share experiences in games, TV, and interactive media, and sponsor collaboration with companies already involved in the 'connected space'.
The speakers include: Bruce Grove, General Manager, On Live; Nicholas Lovell, Founder, Gamsbrief; Ralph Rivera, Head of the BBC's online division; Anthony Rose, Co-Founder, Zeebox; and Ben McOwen Wilson, Director, UK & Ireland, Google/You Tube.
“Our ConnectedUK events will give people the chance to see some of the inspiring content and experiences already being produced and give different industries a chance to learn from our world leading speakers about how to engage with audiences and make money in the connected space," said UKIE's CEO Dr. Jo Twist.
Tickets cost £50 per event (£25 for UKIE members), and those interested can register here.
The list of topics includes:
- Which screen should games developers and publishers focus on?
- How can you get your games onto connected TVs?
- A first look at the opportunities that are presented by the latest technology
- Audience insights – what do people want from their cross media content?
- What potential is there for growth in this area and examples of future business models?
- How does cloud gaming fit into the connected space and how will it affect the games industry?
- Demonstrations of successful games and interactive entertainment content already operating in the connected space
© Develop 2013. All rights reserved.