p>Launch Includes 30 Great Video Pinball Tables, Each With Improved Graphics, Evolved Competitive Features, New RPG Elements and Nintendo Switch-Exclusive Capabilities
San Francisco, CA – November 1, 2017 - Zen Studios today announced that Nintendo Switch owners won’t have to wait long to experience the biggest, most community-driven pinball video game service ever created—Pinball FX3 hits the system on Tuesday, November 14, 2017. In addition to evolving the groundbreaking approach to community gaming that has come to define Zen’s series for a full decade, Pinball FX3 takes full advantage of the Nintendo Switch console’s revolutionary capabilities with exclusive features like vertical play orientation and HD rumble support. Thirty tables are available at launch, with more playable content and features to be added in the months to come.
Since 2007, Zen Studios has set the standard for video game pinball. The Pinball FX series balances authentic physics and gameplay mechanics with features that fully embrace the unlimited potential of video games, such as spectacular visual sequences and unparalleled competitive features. Just like traditional pinball, table subject matter includes everything from original takes on themes like sci-fi and fantasy to some of pop culture’s most iconic brands, such as Back to the Future™, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial™, Aliens, The Walking Dead and more.
Pinball FX3 advances this winning formula with improved graphics and numerous new features that very often lead to “just one more game…” turning into many.
- Now every table is an RPG. Simply playing a table yields experience points and level advancements that continually unlock the potential for bigger points…and bigger blowouts of your friends’ scores on the leaderboards. Strategic thinking comes into play when determining which power-ups to equip—one table might be best suited for a Skillshot Score Increase and Multiball Score Bonus, while another might better benefit from Combo Time Bonus and Distance Bonus team-up.
- Players level up. The more you play, the higher your own personal experience level increases.
- Anyone can start their own tournament. In addition to tournaments run by Zen (often involving fantastic prizes), Pinball FX3 allows players to create and customize their own tournaments, including access to several modes of play.
- Advanced multiplayer features allow for intelligent matching against others based on skill level. This applies to everything from immediate friendly matches to ultracompetitive League Play.
- Cross-play enables Nintendo Switch players to take on opponents competing on most other platforms where Pinball FX3 is available.
- New game modes will change the way you play even tables you feel you’ve already mastered. Playing a 1-Ball Challenge, a 5-Minute Challenge or Survival Mode will cause you to completely rethink your approach in order to top the leaderboards.
Pinball FX3 is free to download and grants the Sorcerer’s Lair table to players at no cost, while the Carnivals & Legends pack debuts on all available Pinball FX3 platforms on the same day. The complete list is as follows:
- Universal Classics™ Pinball (Back to the Future™, E.T.™, Jaws™)
- Aliens vs. Pinball (Aliens, Alien vs. Predator, Alien: Isolation)
- Balls of Glory (Family Guy, Bob’s Burgers, Archer, American Dad!)
- The Walking Dead
- Sorcerer’s Lair (free)
- Carnivals & Legends (Adventure Land Pinball, Son of Zeus)
- Zen Classics (Shaman, Tesla, El Dorado, V12)
- Core Collection (Pasha, Rome, Biolab, Secrets of the Deep)
- Medieval Pack (Epic Quest, Excalibur)
- Sci-Fi Pack (Mars, Paranormal, Earth Defense)
- Iron & Steel (Wild West Rampage, CastleStorm)
© 2017 Nintendo. Nintendo Switch and Joy-Con are trademarks of Nintendo.
About Zen Studios
Zen Studios is a leading global producer and publisher of interactive entertainment software for all major digital game platforms. Recognized as one of the premier independent gaming studios in the world. Zen Studios has worked with some of the most iconic entertainment studios, including NBC Universal, FOX Digital Entertainment, Marvel Entertainment, South Park Studios and Lucasfilm, as well as revered gaming properties like Valve’s Portal and Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead. Zen Studios’ CastleStorm franchise has also won the developer critical acclaim and commercial success, including the coveted Editor’s Choice awards from both the Apple App Store and Google Play, and its Pinball FX franchise has defined video game pinball excellence since 2007.
Please visit blog.zenstudios.com for more information on Zen Studio’s robust library of titles.
Zen Studios Contact: Desiree Frost // Zen Studios // firstname.lastname@example.org // 209.813.3091