· Cross-Platform Debugger and Flash Asset Importer Available
· Custom Extensions Supported
· PlayStation ® 4 and PlayStation ® Vita Publishing Launches for PlayStation® Licensed Developers
DUNDEE, SCOTLAND and MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA. – May 29, 2014 – Today YoYo Games announces the general availability of GameMaker: Studio version 1.3 introducing many new features that help to make GameMaker: Studio the best 2D game development environment. With today’s free update, developers will have access to an all-new debugger allowing users to simplify and streamline the debugging process and, for the first time, debug from mobile devices. In addition, GameMaker: Studio’s extensions system has been modified to permit third party SDKs and native code to be integrated into games. Flash developers will be able to use the new Flash Asset Importer to incorporate SWF and vector graphics into their games without compromising the quality of the images. And, with today’s update, licensed PlayStation developers now have the ability to publish GameMaker: Studio games for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®Vita.
New features available in version 1.3 include:
· Debugger: An entirely new GameMaker: Studio debugger includes full source level debugging, break points and watch windows. Will also target cross platform support, allowing remote debugging of Mac, Android and iOS devices.
· Extensions: Windows and HTML5 already allow custom extensions, so this will add them to iOS and Android.
· Flash Asset Importer: Allows importing of certain Flash assets directly, including things like vector images and SWF files.
· True Type Fonts: The ability to add true type fonts to your game from an external file and support for non-roman alphabet languages.
· 2D Animation Runtime: Introduces the ability to visualize in GameMaker any assets imported from Flash or Spine.
· Push Notifications: Integration of push notifications initially available for Android, iOS and Tizen platforms.
- PlayStation4 and PlayStationVita Exports Launch: Licensed PlayStation developers can now publish GameMaker: Studio games for PlayStation4 and PlayStationVita. To find out more about becoming a licensed PlayStation developer, please visit https://www.companyregistration.playstation.com.
About GameMaker: Studio
GameMaker: Studio caters to entry-level novices and seasoned game development professionals equally, allowing them to create cross-platform games in record time and at a fraction of the cost.
GameMaker: Studio is the world’s preferred 2D game development framework with approximately two million downloads, 1.2 million monthly active developers and a community 145,000 developers strong. Hit games developed with GameMaker include “Gunpoint,” “Home,” “Hotline Miami,” “Hyper Light Drifter,” “Nidd Hogg,” “Nuclear Throne,” “Spelunky,” “Risk of Rain,” and “Super Crate Box,” among many others. For more information about GameMaker: Studio, please visit http://www.yoyogames.com/studio.
About YoYo Games
YoYo Games is the home of GameMaker: Studio, the fastest and easiest to use cross-platform games development technology. GameMaker: Studio has been developed with usability and efficiency at its core, allowing developers to create games in a single code base and then publish them to run natively across an unprecedented number of platforms including Android, HTML5, iOS, OS X, PlayStation4, PlayStationVita, PlayStation3 Tizen, Ubuntu, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT. To date, the GameMaker family of products has been downloaded more than five million times. YoYo Games is based in Dundee, Scotland, with an office in Mountain View, Ca. Follow YoYo Games on Twitter and on Facebook. www.yoyogames.com