WOODLAND HILLS, Calif. - December 10, 2013 - 505 Games, a global publisher of video games, today announced that best-selling, critically-acclaimed indie sandbox adventure Terraria will arrive on PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system on December 17 for North American players. Terraria puts an emphasis on crafting and exploration set in vast and vibrant worlds. The game has received universal acclaim with over 3 million "Terrarians" embarking on their own adventures since the game's release on PC, consoles and mobile platforms.
Terraria for PS®Vita is available to download from the PlayStation®Store and features many exciting new features to take your adventures to the next level:
- Includes PS®Vita Cross-Platform Play, enrolling PS®Vita players in Terraria's wider community and allowing them to interact and game with PS3™ system players.
- A redesigned PS®Vita control system (including touch support), an intuitive crafting/item interface and a revamped tutorial world.
- PlayStation®Network online multiplayer allows up to 8 players! Fight bosses together, build awesome castles or duel each other in PvP combat!
- A glimpse of the upcoming Terraria 1.2 update, including over a dozen new items & recipes, 2 completely new armor sets, more that 20 new NPC types including 8 new Zombie enemies and 6 fearsome new Demon Eye variants: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/xbox-360-and-ps3-update-available-november-5th.119726/!
- PlayStation®Network leaderboards & trophies.
Terraria will be available for $14.99 from the PlayStation®Store.
About 505 Games
505 Games is a global video game publisher focused on offering a broad selection of titles for players of all ages and levels. The company publishes games on leading console and handheld platforms as well as for mobile devices and social networks. Product highlights include, Sniper Elite V2, PAYDAY 2, Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons, Terraria, How To Survive, Tiny Brains and the upcoming Rekoil and Sniper Elite 3.
505 Games has offices in Los Angeles, Milton Keynes, UK, Lyon, Munich, Milan and Madrid and a network of distribution partners within the Nordic territories and Australia. For more information on 505 Games and its products please visit www.505games.com.
For Media Inquiries Please Contact:
Bender/Helper Impact for 505 Games
Public Relations Director, North America