DATE: Tuesday, June 13 th, 2017
CONTACT: Mary Musgrave at firstname.lastname@example.org
Feral Interactive today announced that XCOM® 2: War of the Chosen, the expansion pack for the award-winning 2016 strategy game XCOM 2, will be released on macOS and Linux shortly after the release of the Windows and console versions. Developed by Firaxis Games and published by 2K for PC and consoles, XCOM 2: War of the Chosen adds a massive amount of content to XCOM 2.
War of the Chosen brings thrilling new material to the fight against ADVENT, the human enforcers of the alien regime occupying Earth. When additional resistance factions emerge to eliminate the invaders, a sinister new enemy, the “Chosen”, arises. They have one goal: to recapture the Commander of XCOM.
The expansion includes new Hero classes to counter the “Chosen”, new enemies, missions, even more challenging environments and increased depth in strategic gameplay.
- New Factions & Hero Classes: Three additional factions – the Reapers, Skirmishers and Templars – each with its own Hero class;
- The Chosen: A deadly new enemy force that will kidnap, interrogate and kill XCOM’s soldiers. They can even invade the strategy layer and ravage XCOM’s global operations;
- New Alien and Advent Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter a deadly new alien known as the Spectre, the explosive attacks of the ADVENT Purifier, and the psionically charged ADVENT Priest;
- New Environments and Mission Objectives: Players can engage in wide-ranging tactical missions, from abandoned cities devastated by alien bioweapons during the original invasion, to underground tunnels and xenoformed wilderness regions;
- Enhanced Strategy Layer: Manage relations with factions while countering enemy operations from the Avenger;
- Greater Customization & Replayability: Soldiers cultivate bonds with compatible teammates for new abilities and perks, while the SITREP system dynamically adds new modifiers to the tactical layer to make sure every missions provides a unique challenge;
- Challenge Mode: New regular community challenges that rank players on a global leaderboard.
War of the Chosen will be available from the Feral Store and Steam, and as an in-app purchase to owners of the Mac App Store version of XCOM 2.
System requirements will be confirmed closer to the release date. A copy of XCOM 2 will be required.
About Feral Interactive
Feral Interactive is a leading publisher of games for the macOS, Linux and iOS platforms, founded in 1996 and based in London, England. It is responsible for such hits as ROME: Total War™ for iPad, Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III, Total War: WARHAMMER, Life is Strange™, XCOM® 2, GRID Autosport™, Tomb Raider®, Alien: Isolation™ - The Collection, Company of Heroes™ 2, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor™ GOTY, XCOM® : Enemy Unknown and Empire: Total War™ for macOS and Linux, F1™ 2016, Sleeping Dogs® : Definitive Edition, LEGO® Marvel’s Avengers, Thief™, LEGO® Jurassic World™, DiRT 3, and Total War™ : SHOGUN 2 for macOS and DiRT Rally®, HITMAN™ and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™for Linux. Visit the Feral Interactive website and find us on Twitter or Facebook .
Firaxis Games™ is one of the world’s premier game development studios, and home of legendary designer Sid Meier. Firaxis has developed some of the most successful and award-winning PC and video games on the market today, including the award-winning Sid Meier’s Civilization® series, featuring the recently released Sid Meier’s Civilization VI, for Windows PC, Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth™ for Windows PC, the expansion pack Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth – Rising Tide for Windows PC, Sid Meier’s Civilization V for Windows PC, as well as the critically acclaimed expansion packs, Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World and Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings for Windows PC. Firaxis also released the 2012 Game of the Year award-winning XCOM®: Enemy Unknown for Windows PC, the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Apple iOS, along with the critically acclaimed expansion pack XCOM: Enemy Within for Windows PC, the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation3 computer entertainment system, and Apple iOS. Firaxis Games is owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., and is part of its 2K publishing label. For more information about Firaxis and its games can be found at www.firaxis.com .
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™, Mafia, and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, Evolve™, Battleborn®, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the highest rated* annual sports title of this console generation.
*According to 2008 - 2017 Metacritic.com