Xbox: The Official Magazine unveiled ahead of console launch in November
Magazine serving both Xbox One and Xbox 360
Xbox 360: The Official Xbox Magazine, the UK’s biggest-selling games magazine, today announces a relaunch in preparation for the arrival of the Xbox One at the end of November.
The magazine, in both print and digital editions, will change its name to Xbox: The Official Magazine in readiness for the highly-anticipated launch of the Xbox One. The magazine’s multi-award-winning team of writers will bring readers all the latest previews, reviews and exclusives for both the Xbox One and Xbox 360.
Famously known as OXM, the new look magazine is the first redesign since 2005 and sees a brand new look and feel. Complete with new logo, the magazine also features compelling new content such as Xbox Extra, which focuses on the most interesting games and communities, uncovering the most compelling stories from the players themselves.
On-sale today, the issue reveals the hottest games coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360 including a world exclusive on Call of Duty: Ghost. The relaunch issue also comes with a free 20-page Xbox One launch guide.
Xbox: The Official Magazine’s dedicated website, www.oxm.co.uk, will also undergo a refresh before the Xbox One is released. The rapidly-growing website saw record-breaking traffic in September with a 139% year-on-year increase in unique users*.
Jon Hicks, Editor of Xbox: The Official Magazine, says: "The games industry has changed radically since OXM launched, with the rise of both mega-franchises like Call of Duty and Assassin's Creed and indie hits like Minecraft and Spelunky. The new-look OXM is designed to let our award-winning writing team cover both, from exclusive reveals of the next big thing to the events and communities players have built around existing games. Increasingly the most fascinating stories in gaming come from what gamers create themselves, from architectural wonders in Minecraft to masochistic challenges in Dark Souls, and the new OXM is designed to bring those to our huge print and online audience. With Xbox One's incredible line-up of launch exclusives just round the corner, and years of life left in the Xbox 360, Xbox gamers have never had it so good - and OXM's going to deliver the best coverage of everything that matters."
Lee Nutter, Head of Games, says: “With the launch of the Xbox One, we are entering what is set to be one of the most exciting times in the UK games market. It is vitally important that we are geared up to cater for users of both the next-generation and current console, and this redesign, coupled with the exciting work we are doing the website and video content, will enable us to reach more Xbox fans than ever before.”
For more information please contact: Ben Bolton, Senior Communications Executive, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7042 4034 and 07940 530424
About Future Games
Future Games holds a unique position in the global games media market, combining the strongest industry partnerships with an innovative multi-channel approach. We are the only games media owner with reach across print, digital editions, online, social, video, mobile and events.
About Future plc:
- Future plc is an international media group and leading digital business, listed on the London Stock Exchange (symbol: FUTR).
- We have operations in the UK, US and Australia creating more than 200 publications, apps, websites and events.
- We hold market-leading positions in Technology, Games, Guitar, Creative and Sport & Auto sectors.
- We attract more than 51 million monthly global unique users to our websites, which include techradar.com , gamesradar.com , bikeradar.com and musicradar.com .
- Future sold more than 24 million magazines last year, that’s 45 magazines sold every minute. Our most well-known brands include T3, Cycling Plus, Total Film, Mollie Makes and Official Xbox Magazine.
- Future has developed its own app-creation software, FutureFolio. We produce over 100 digital editions, and have now sold over five million digital copies.
- Future exports or syndicates 225 publications to over 89 countries, making us the UK’s number one exporter and licensor of magazine content.
- Future has been named Consumer Digital Publisher of the Year for three years in a row by the Association of Online Publishers (2011, 2012, 2013) and has been named the Professional Publishers Association Digital Publisher of the Year for two consecutive years (2012, 2013). Future is also the British Media Awards Media Company of the Year.