Turn-based Tactical Invertebrate Warfare Now Available Anywhere!p>UK – 23rd November 2017 – Award-winning veteran games developer and international games label Team17 today announced that their hit turn-based strategy Worms W.M.D is now available to download for Nintendo Switch™ from the Nintendo eShop.
With a gorgeous, hand-drawn 2D look, brand new weapons, the introduction of crafting, vehicles and buildings, plus the return of some much-loved classic weapons and gameplay, Worms W.M.D is the best worms experience ever – now with HD Rumble and playable anywhere!
Worms W.M.D on Nintendo Switch™ includes all the content from the original game plus the Liberation and Forts Mode updates and content from the All-Stars pack which features a blockbuster line-up of guest stars from hit games such as Rocket League, Goat Simulator, The Escapists and Yooka-Laylee.
Worms W.M.D for Nintendo Switch™ features:
- Extensive single player campaign including 20 training missions, 30 campaign missions and 10 challenges to complete and compete against your friends on the leaderboards with!
- Local multiplayer: Engage in local multiplayer worm warfare with friends using a variety of different controller options – up to four players can play using a mixture of either individual Joy-Cons or the Pro Controller. If you want to extend the fun to a six-player battle, then simply pass the controller!
- Online multiplayer: Take to the battlefield and unleash Wormageddon to your friends online with full online multiplayer support
- Crafting: No more waiting around while your opponents take their turns! Grab the crafting crates that drop from the sky during games to make fiendishly upgraded versions of items such as the Electric Sheep, the Bazooka Pie and the Holy Mine Grenade to unleash on your enemies!
- Vehicles: Worm warfare gets serious with the introduction of vehicles for the first time in the series. Dominate the landscape in battle-ready tanks, take to the skies to unleash hell from above in helicopters and pound your enemies into submission in the mech!
- Buildings: Gain the tactical advantage by keeping your worms’ heads down and hiding out in a building, protecting them from direct attacks!
In addition, brand new content coming first to Nintendo Switch™:
- A new space theme - Wormhole
- New Mushroom and Tree forts
- Three new hats
- Three new gravestones
Assets are available to download from: http://bit.ly/PressKitTeam17
For more information please contact:UK & International PR contact:
Bethany Aston – PR & Events Manger – Team17
email@example.com +447508 014428
US & Canadian PR contact:
Vincent Gallopain – Xogo Consulting
About Team17 Digital Ltd
Founded in 1990, Team17 Digital Limited is a leading international games label that hosts The Escapists, Genesis: Alpha One, Overcooked, Yoku’s Island Express, Yooka-Laylee, the Worms franchise and many more from developers around the world. Visit www.team17.com for more info.
About Worms W.M.D
Worms™ W.M.D. Developed by Team17 Digital Ltd. © 2017. Team17 and Worms™ are trademarks or registered trademarks of Team17 Digital Limited. Original concept Andy Davidson. All other trademarks, copyrights and logos are property of their respective owners. Developed and published by Team17 Digital Limited.
© 2017 Nintendo. Nintendo Switch and Joy-Con are trademarks of Nintendo.