Wastelands Interactive is excited to announce that Worlds of Magic will be launched on Steam Early Access on the 11th of September. Preview codes will shortly be available.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – September 4 th, Lódz, Poland
After almost a year since the game Worlds of Magic was successfully funded on Kickstarter, gamers will finally get a chance to play the 4X turn-based strategy game that pays homage to the critically acclaimed Master of Magic. By combining classic elements, like randomly generated world maps and powerful heroes, with new game mechanics such as the D20 OGL rule set and expanded features, like seven planes of existence; Worlds of Magic seeks to hold true to the essence of what made Master of Magic a true classic.
Watch the new gameplay video HERE!
The world of Elannra was a land of beauty and enchantment, where the wise and powerful used magic to lift themselves to the heavens, seeking to become gods. It was their arrogance that destroyed the world; ripped its fabric apart at the very seams. The War of Ascension consumed it. And so they fled. Gateways were opened to new worlds, to new lands ripe for conquest. The Sorcerer lords of Elannra plunged through these portals taking their servants with them, intending to wage their immortal wars across the planes themselves.
But the magic of these worlds was different, it was not the open flowing source of Elannra. The Sorcerer lords had to begin again and learn the ways of this new magic. With their learning came power and with power conquest. Only victory will end this war. Only one Sorcerer can reign supreme!
Worlds of Magic is a 4X turn-based strategy game set in a rich, fantasy world. Successfully funded on Kickstarter almost a year ago, the game is currently in advanced beta and will first be available via Steam Early Access on the 11 th of September 2014 for 39,99 USD. You can also jump directly to developer’ store available HERE to place your order. And don’t forget to visit Steam product page HERE and add the game to your wish list, not to miss the news once Early Access starts!
We are extremely happy that we can release the game at last and show it to the world! – said Aaron Ethridge, Lead Designer. Now we are looking forward to hear all the comments and feedback from the gaming community, as for over three years we’ve been working hard on making Worlds of Magic a worthy successor to Master of Magic! – Ethridge added.
Worlds of Magic, although being a completely new game from a design point of view, will be a true spiritual successor of Master of Magic, following the rules being an essence of the genre:
1. EXPLORE uniquely generated universes.
2. EXPAND your empire by building armies, recruiting mercenaries, and founding or capturing cities.
3. EXPLOIT resources and factions alike to increase your own power.
4. EXTERMINATE your enemies using the tools of war, magical spells or diplomacy.
To achieve those goals gamers will have in hand the following list of features:
· 8 playable races
· 7 planes of existence in a procedurally generated universe maps of up to 256x128 tiles (per plane)
· Over 10 terrain types
· Almost 30 world resources to exploit
· D20 battle combat mechanics
· Units gain experience
· Over 80 military units
· Over 40 wandering and summon-able units
· Over 40 world features to explore and conquer
· 40 heroes and champions
· Over 400 spells divided into 13 spell circles
· Cast tactical, strategic, and global spells
· Create powerful artifacts to equip your heroes with
· Choose from 13 pre-made Sorcerer Lords or make your own
The game is planned to be released in Q1 2015 on PC, Mac and Linux for 39,99 USD.