First open sea area accessible during Easter weekend only!
Rotterdam, The Netherlands – April 18, 2014: Dutch independent developer Vertigo Games is happy to announce that Easter is coming to the Rift-enabled online multiplayer underwater experience World of Diving with the (s)Easter event starting today.
Featuring heaps of festive (s)Easter eggs cunningly hidden throughout the early access playable World of Diving: Stage 0, the (s)Easter event lets players go on an exciting underwater Easter egg hunt together to unlock the special (s)Easter Bunny headgear item, which can be claimed during the time of the event only. And that’s not all, because especially for the occasion, the underwater hatch in World of Diving: Stage 0 will be unlocked for the very first time, opening up a gorgeous open sea area for players to explore during the Easter weekend.
Discovered all the (s)Easter eggs you were looking for? Don’t forget to show off your (s)Easter Bunny headgear with a #wodselfie!
The (s)Easter event only runs for the Easter weekend, from April 18 3PM GMT (8AM PST) to April 22 11PM GMT (4PM PST), in World of Diving: Stage 0 – the early access playable that comes with pre-purchasing World of Diving for PC, Mac and Linux on the official website: http://www.divegame.net.
View the latest World of Diving trailer here: http://youtu.be/kHbzexZ7z5I
# # #
Note to the editor:
World of Diving: Stage 0 is an early access playable that serves to give players a first impression of what to expect from World of Diving in the future, thereby enabling an open, informed dialogue about development. It is not representative of what World of Diving will offer players in the final stages in scope or feature completeness. For media access, please contact Kimara Rouwit on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- World of Diving (s)Easter images: http://bit.ly/1h9a5Q9
- World of Diving official website: http://www.divegame.net
- World of Diving presskit: http://www.divegame.net/presskit
World of Diving in the media
- Kotaku.com – “… something I very much want to play again.”
- IGN.com - "Such wonderful things surround you."
- Destructoid - "World of Diving with Oculus Rift is a real treasure"
- The New York Times – “captivating"
- Polygon - "This is the fun of virtual reality; the act of exploring a new environment was quietly joyful"
- Joystiq - "World of Diving appears to be a relaxing diversion"
About World of Diving
World of Diving is the online multiplayer game that will bring out your inner explorer by bringing the murky, mysterious depths of our oceans and their hidden treasures within your grasp. Or step into the shoes of the designer, and build and share your own diving locations and missions with your fellow divers.
If it’s underwater, it’s part of World of Diving - armed with hi-tech deep-sea diving gear and submarine vehicles, a photo camera, and your exploration kit, it's up to you and your friends to reveal, salvage and catalog the ocean's mysteries.
- Design, create and share your own underwater missions and content
- Explore the mysteries of the ocean with up to 16 friends, or go solo
- Compete with friend and foe in exciting arcade challenges
- Discover and salvage the sunken remains of history, including rusty shipwrecks and WW2 submarines
- Interact with the amazing sea life and complete your Ocean-o-pedia with over a hundred species
- Collect a variety of special ‘diving buddies’, each adding its unique benefit to your diving skill
- Customize your character, upgrade your diving gear and ships, and more
- Take part in the community and help direct feature development
- Play using the Oculus Rift for the full immersive experience, or use a traditional monitor
About Vertigo Games
Vertigo Games is a Dutch game developer, located in the city of Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Our team has worked on a mix of entertainment and serious games, providing a unique, combined experience that is a snug fit for creating a fun and realistic game like World of Diving. These days, our team is creating some of the most advanced and realistic educational and serious games in the world, but our dream to create entertainment games has never been stronger.
Kimara Rouwit | Critical Hit PR | E: email@example.com | T: +31 (0) 10 84 22 689