Just in Time for the Holidays, Motivating Games and Lessons Await Budding Musicians
TAMPERE, FINLAND - November 17, 2011
Ovelin today announced that its highly anticipated casual guitar education game WildChords is now available worldwide for the iPad on the Apple App Store. Initially free to download, WildChords delivers 26 fun and motivating exercises featuring major chords and scales for beginner and intermediate guitarists with additional lesson packages available for purchase. WildChords will also be coming to the iPhone in the near future.
The game is played with a real guitar (acoustic or electric) using the iPad’s integrated microphone, providing instant player feedback on accuracy, progression and skill without the need for additional equipment. Combining unique iOS gameplay with educational lessons, WildChords has players control Giuseppe, the friendly musician, tasked with hypnotizing escaped Ovelin City zoo animals with easy-to-learn chords and melodies in an effort to escort them out of the city. A guitar tuner is also included, making WildChords a one-stop shop for students.
• No Additional Equipment Needed– WildChords utilizes the iPad’s built-in microphone so all that’s needed is a guitar to rock on. It even has a tuner with auto and manual string selection modes.
• No Experience Needed– Increasingly difficult lessons are unlocked as your skills progress, so beginners can start fresh while intermediate guitarists can directly jump to more advanced levels that suit their experience.
• Practice Motivation– The entertaining game removes frustration from the learning process and makes practicing fun, complete with instant performance feedback.
• Variety– Choose from 26 free lessons and songs, with additional content packages available for purchase.
• Track Your Progress– Progress reports and milestones based on your actual recorded playing allow you to assess your skills and track your improvement.
• Achievements– Earn rewards for overcoming specific challenges and share with your friends on Facebook.
“The team here at Ovelin can’t express how excited we are to see WildChords available around the world for aspiring guitarists,” said Christoph Th?r, Co-founder and CEO of Ovelin.“Our aim was to develop a motivating game that helps users gets started with their guitar career in an exciting and easy way. As a guitar dropout myself, I know how hard it can be to find the motivation practicing those early beginner exercises. With WildChords, you get instant feedback on how well you do, and it’s great to see how your guitar skills improve while having fun. This holiday season, we hope guitars and WildChords are at the top of everyone’s wishlist!”
To learn to use that dusty old guitar, download WildChords now from the Apple App Store for free: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wildchords/id453707538?ls=1&mt=8
Enjoy the WildChords launch trailer here: http://youtu.be/P6Aa6M-X2ys
For more information on WildChords and Ovelin, please visit:
- Official website: www.wildchords.com
- Corporate website: www.ovelin.com
- Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/WildChords
- Watch us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/OvelinBird
Ovelin is an award winning group of creative minds, engineers, music teachers and game developers rethinking and reinventing the way music is being taught. With the goal to help people learn to play guitar by actually playing, WildChords is a music training app designed to use real guitars to practice. Based in Finland, Ovelin is passionate about removing the barriers of learning guitar and making it accessible for anyone of any age. For more information on Ovelin, please visit www.ovelin.com.
Dustin Blackwell, TriplePoint for Ovelin
+1 (512) 657-6929
Cristoph Th?r, Ovelin
+358 (0) 45 123 1435