p>Helsinki, Finland, November 3rd: Virtual Air Guitar Company has announced that they are continuing Kinect development with two new games. “Even though manufacturing has stopped, that doesn’t mean all the Kinects out there have suddenly stopped existing. We continue to support Kinect, and we’ll keep making Kinect games for as long as enough people keep buying them,” states Aki Kanerva, Founder and Lead Designer at Virtual Air Guitar Company.
Boom Ball 3 for Kinect is nearing completion and will be released in December 2017 via the ID@Xbox self-publishing programme. It will be available exclusively on Xbox One at a price of $9.99 / €9.99 / £7.99.
Boom Ball 3 brings a new artistic direction to the popular Kinect ping-pong franchise, taking players on a journey across vivid landscapes populated by cubic animals and characters – without forgetting explosions. Kanerva says, “Boom Ball looks better than ever before. It’s like taking a colorful holiday trip around the world. And every single level has been hand-crafted for maximum fun.”
In addition to 50 all-new levels, the game also offers new difficulty modes for players looking for a challenge. “In Fast and Turbo modes, you have fewer balls to lose, and the balls fly much faster. At any time, you can choose the difficulty that suits you best – leisurely fun on Normal mode, challenging your reactions on Fast mode, or getting your sweat on in Turbo mode.”
Finally, players can now customize their paddles by choosing from pictures unlocked during gameplay, or even using Kinect to take photos of anything, such as one’s own face or the family cat.
The studio has also begun work on Kinect Funhouse, which is planned to be released in spring 2018. Details about the title will be announced in 2018.
Boom Ball 3 Features
- Cheerful ping pong on Kinect
- 50 all-new lively levels, filled with cute cubic critters
- New turbo modes for expert players
- Customize your paddles with unlockable pictures
- Take a photo of anything with Kinect and use it on your paddles
- Improved multiplayer: even less space needed
About Virtual Air Guitar Company
Virtual Air Guitar Company is an indie game studio based in Helsinki, Finland. Established in 2006, the company has released 13 games on platforms including PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One and Windows, created the patented FreeMotion technology, and provided motion control content and expertise for technology partners such as Intel. Boom Ball 3 for Kinect is the company’s 8th game in Microsoft’s ID@Xbox self-publishing programme.
- Website: http://www.virtualairguitar.com
- Presskit: http://www.virtualairguitar.com/press
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirtualAirGtr
- Facebook: https://facebook.com/virtualairguitar
Review codes will be available closer to release. If you received this press release via email, you don’t need to do anything. If you wish to be included on our press list, please send an email to email@example.com .
Virtual Air Guitar’s other Xbox One games
If you’re yet to review one of our other games, review codes are available:
- Air Guitar Warrior Gamepad Edition: https://dodistribute.com/access/I7oeTbirlc/
- Air Guitar Warrior for Kinect: https://dodistribute.com/access/9mAyY0hyUq/
- Boom Ball 2: https://dodistribute.com/access/ATMszFxCbX/
- Kung-Fu: https://dodistribute.com/access/2OE52i5e4K/
- Beatsplosion: https://dodistribute.com/access/kN7cbcF1sV/
- Squid Hero: https://dodistribute.com/access/MoDrrrxkM1/
- Boom Ball 1: https://dodistribute.com/access/kUV3zU37Tq/