Urban Rivals, the world’s leading online trading card game announce a search for artistic talent in the USA and Great Britain. Character artists are invited to submit one character card to enter, with a freelance design contract up for grabs in each country.
March 18th 2008, Boostr, the Company behind Urban Rivals announced today their‘Search for an Art Star’. Two freelance contracts are available for a talented artist in the USA and Great Britain.
Urban Rivals launched in 2006 and has attracted over 1.75 million player registrations. The game involves battling other players online to level up and evolve your character cards, unlocking new abilities and powers. There are over 300 character cards available with four new cards being released every second Friday.
The game is set in the chaotic“Clint City” and the characters in game are divided among clans, each with its own distinct identity expressed through both design and their ultimate mission in the city.
Nicolas Caris, Head of Marketing and Editor-in-chief of the Urban Rivals online comic commented,“We’ve experienced good growth in the USA and UK and we need local character artists that can reach a 14-25, male audience with character designs they will identify with.” Urban Rivals revels in a unique artistic style through both the website at: www.urban-rivals.com And recently, the world of Clint City was bought to life in comic form with the launch of the biweekly online comic: www.urban-rivals.com/comics
Nicolas continued“Its important artists understand the relevance of the clans and the design styles as well as find the right characters to fit into their chosen clan and within Clint City itself. So good luck to all entrants and we hope to be working with two designers in the near future.”
Who can enter:
• Entrants will most likely already have a career in design and would like to either expand career experience or take on freelance work to supplement their career.
• Or very talented student or junior wanting to add to their portfolio.
How to enter:
• One character card design to be submitted via email by 31st May 2008.
• All character card designs to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Formats acceptable for submission JPEG, PNG and GIF.
• Max file size for submission 500K.
• Character card design must show at least one character evolution.
• Character card design must be based on existing clans.
• Submissions must be in colour.
• All artwork submissions remain the intellectual property of the artist.
Further details about Urban Rivals‘Search for an Art Star’ or two, can be found online at:
Note to Editors:
If you require supporting character card artwork for you article please contact Nick Witcher, we also have banner adverts available for the Art Star initiative. Boostr is a French company enrolled on the Paris Register of Trade and Companies. Press contact for USA and UK : Nick Witcher email@example.com Tel: +44 (0) 20 8133 1921