Prague, Czech Republic, March 20, 2014
Space Engineers update 01.022 has been released today. After the request made by many players we have added solar panels. Solar panels can produce energy depending on the amount of light that they catch from the sun. Also the amount of available uranium in the world has been increased and there are more detailed survival mode options in the world settings. Thrusters can now deal damage to objects.
This video demonstrates the most important new features of this update:
Below is the full list of all the new features and fixes that have been implemented with this update:
- added solar panels (energy production depends on the amount of light they catch from the sun – which depends on the angle and clear visibility to the sun)
- world generator spawns more uranium
- inventory size can now be edited in world settings
- assembler efficiency can now be edited in world settings
- refinery speed can now be edited in world settings
- thrusters now deal damage to objects, except:
* small ship thrusters that don’t damage heavy armor blocks (so you can build landing platforms)
- more detailed production screen in assembler
* all components and blocks which you don't have ingots for are now shown in red
* players can see the amount of required ingots to create a component or a tool
* “Disassemble all” button that allows you to easily convert all components inside the assembler back into ingots
* new queue shortcuts: ctrl+click (add 10), shift+click (add 100)
- increased character’s damage after falling from heights (3 blocks: 32% damage, 4 blocks: 72% damage, 5 blocks and more: 100% damage = instant death)
- red overlay is shown when the player runs low on health level
- increased the uranium refinement speed by 20%
- auto-save is now disabled on multiplayer clients
- added tooltips to join game screen
- increased damage done by drill to blocks
- changed red injury-overlay texture to a less gore version
- fixed client ore mining (client received less ore than server)
- fixed copy-paste of stations
- fixed uranium consumption in Multiplayer
- fixed thruster "flame" in Multiplayer
- fixed disappearing crosshair
- fixed unit display in refinery and assembler
- fixed production screen which does not react to name changes
- fixed join screen text alignment
- fixed suicide dialog which was shown when the player dies
- fixed client can't see repairs done by server
- fixed out of ammo notification during sprint
All the updates that have been added into the game until now are avaiable in the Change log list - http://forums.keenswh.com/?forum=326211
Space Engineers is available for purchase on the developer’s web site: www.SpaceEngineersGame.com/buy.html, on Steam: store.steampowered.com/app/244850 and at several other online distribution services.
Space Engineers is in alpha stage of development. Everything in the game is subject to change.
Marek Rosa’s development blog: http://blog.marekrosa.org
Press contact: email@example.com
Additional contacts: http://www.keenswh.com/press.html
Developed by: http://www.keenswh.com
About Space Engineers:
Space Engineers is a sandbox game about engineering, construction and maintenance of space works. Players build space ships and space stations of various sizes and utilization (civil and military), pilot ships and perform asteroid mining.
Space Engineers utilizes a realistic volumetric-based physics engine: all objects can be assembled, disassembled, damaged and destroyed.
About Keen Software House:
Established in 2010 in Prague, Czech Republic, Keen Software House is an independent game development studio aiming to create games that are based on real science, real facts, real physics and real emotions. Company’s first title Miner Wars 2081 was released in 2012. Keen Software House develops its own in-house game engine VRAGE, currently in the second version and its core feature is volumetricity of the environment. Space Engineers is the first title fully utilizing VRAGE 2.0.
More information about Keen Software House is available at www.keenswh.com