31X and the team at Origin8 have been hard at work with a huge bunch of new features and fixes to the latest greatest version of Transport Tycoon - simply update the game on your mobile device of choice to get the benefit (full list detailed below).
Never ones to just do the expected, but they've released a few nice freebies into the wild too - almost like an inverse trick or treat.
There are three massive (macro!) screenshots of three key areas in the game on the official website ( click here for a direct link) showing off the scale, scope and sheer mind boggling detail of the UK, West Coast USA and East Coast USA scenarios in the game. Still think Transport Tycoon is like Farmville with trains? Think again.
Not only that, but they've unleashed the original and remixed versions of the classic Transport Tycoon theme tune as downloadable files so you can get those jazzy beats as your phone's ring tone!
And for the real enthusiast, the game's logo is available as a 3D printer-friendly file!
No tricks, all treats.
Finally, here are all the details of the updates and fixes in the latest version of Transport Tycoon, going live this Halloween:
- Halloween-themed loading scream (screen).
- Autosave now operates via a timer, selectable as an option
- Autosave will no longer load automatically, load can be done by scrolling to the saved file in the load a saved game menu
- Players can now customise station names
- Players can now customise vehicle names
- Added loading/saving progress bar
- Trains lengths now displayed as required platform lengths
- HUD performance updates
- Multiple navigation issues resolved
- General performance improvements
- Memory usage improvements for older devices
- Improved placement of station tiles next to existing station
- Improved selection of ground tiles for tree removal and area demolish
- Hide scenery now properly affects trees that are part of a Forest industry
- Fixed platform removal issues that could lead to station names remaining on the map
- Fixed problem caused by removing an airport to which a plane is currently heading
- Fixed problem where some stations were given an incorrect name when allocated
- Fixed centring problem on some devices with unusual aspect ratios
- Fixed problem with certain player built industries not accepting cargo
- Fixed problem with placing tram tracks on tile with existing bus station
- Fixed issue with stations listing cargo from recently closed nearby industries
- Fixed graphical flicker most noticeable on older devices (Samsung Galaxy S2 etc)
- Fixed certain trains choosing the wrong direction when leaving stations
- Fixed problem with land not being suitable for building if water had previously been raised then lowered to ground height
The Transport Tycoon Team