New High-End Dungeon, Mysterious Death Curse Storyline and an Exotic Land Filled with Dinosaurs Await Players
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – September 12, 2017 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced Neverwinter: Tomb of Annihilation is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. A death curse grips the Forgotten Realms, threatening adventurers from being resurrected in this all-new expansion to the free-to-play Dungeons & Dragons MMORPG. The dangerous peninsula of Chult sets the stage for console players’ latest adventure in Neverwinter, featuring a new jungle zone filled with dinosaurs, heroic encounters with the undead, new campaign and end-game dungeon as well as the introduction of monster maven Volothamp Geddarm (voiced by Dungeons & Dragons’ Chris Perkins).
The new social hub of Port Nyanzaru welcomes players to the mysterious land of Chult at the beginning of their journey. In an all-new campaign for consoles, players will hunt for the source of the death curse winding along the Soshenstar River, while fending off Yuan-ti, undead and dinosaurs. Old friends will band together against this new threat including Minsc, Boo, Celeste, the famed explorer Volothamp Geddarm, as well as an unexpected ally. A complete list of new features in Tomb of Annihilation on Xbox One and PlayStation®4 includes:
- Chult Jungle Adventure Zone: Explore the Soshenstar River Basin, locating clues and tracking the source of the mysterious Death Curse. Close encounters with prowling dinosaurs and deadly Yuan-ti await adventurers.
- Port Nyanzaru Social Hub: The port will not only grant adventurers safety from the various dangers of Chult, but also act as a home away from home. Vendors, quest-givers and more await in this new destination.
- Tomb of the Nine Gods Dungeon: An end-game experience is now available on consoles for seasoned adventurers with a knack for feats of daring. This dungeon features powerful bosses, ancient puzzles and a challenge unlike any before in Neverwinter.
- Monster Hunts with Volo: The famed explorer and monster authority ventures to Chult, offering players the opportunity to track and catalogue local beasts. D&D game designer and all-around maestro, Chris Perkins, voices the famous Volo in Neverwinter.
- Tomb of Annihilation Campaign: Following the conclusion of the Death Curse storyline, players will open up an end-game campaign exploring the Soshenstar River, leading into the heart of Chult to unlock new boons.
- Other features: An additional bag slot, private PvP queues, dinosaur mounts, heroic encounters and repeatable adventures are now available.
*OnXbox, Xbox Live Gold Membership (sold separately) required.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC. Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment has published a number of popular titles, including Swordsman, Blacklight Retribution, Forsaken World, PWI, and Star Trek Online The company works closely with its American development teams and partners such as Cryptic Studios, developer of the highly acclaimed MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, and Runic Games, developer of the hit Torchlight series, to provide unparalleled quality of service and game experiences to its players. A subsidiary of Perfect World Group, Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of AAA online games for PC and consoles. Delivering innovative gameplay and shared experiences far beyond the traditional MMORPG, the studio has successfully launched Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. is located in Los Gatos, CA.
ABOUT WIZARDS OF THE COAST Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards' players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com