p>Kajaani, FINLAND - November 2nd, 2017 - TJR Games, the makers of award-winning turn-based space strategy game, Interplanetary, are announcing their new upcoming project—Worbital. Their new devblog article shares the story of Worbital's origins: from the first idea to prototype and public announcement.
Spun off from the turn-based Interplanetary, Worbital attempts to realize interplanetary war in real-time, emphasizing hype-filled gameplay and gravitational destruction. It is unshackled from the grounded and deliberate style of its predecessor, in favor of unrealistic fun.
"And so, we remembered about all those ideas we got from the [Interplanetary] community. Real-time action, exploding planets, steerable jetpack moons - why not?" Worbital Development Blog
Watch Worbital teaser: https://youtu.be/p07BjLTe41I
- Interplanetary Artillery Warfare
- Real-time planet-to-planet cannonade in a shifting solar system, with the gravity as your ally… or enemy.
- Cosmic Chaos
- Derailed asteroids, exploding planets, chaotic chain-reactions!
- Preparation, Building, Tactics
- Plan your loadout, build and upgrade your planetary structures to ultimate devices of doom.
- 100% Pseudo-Scientifically Accurate
- Or: How we learned to stop worrying about realism and love the mayhem.
- Hype-Filled Obliteration of Your Close and Distant Friends
- Make your opponents scream with perfectly-timed attacks and defenses and hope they’re still your friends the next day.
Platforms: PC & Consoles
Release date: Summer 2018
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Development blog: https://worbital.tumblr.com/
Official Steam group: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/worbital