London, England, 20th December 2007: TIGA, The Independent Game Developers Association, today announced the signing of a headline sponsor for its prestigious annual 2007 awards ceremony set to take place at the Haymarket Hotel in London on 30th January 2008.
The recently expanded awards sees development industry specialist PR agency, Peppermint P as headline sponsor and signals a ramping-up of the publicity surrounding the annual event.
TIGA CEO, Fred Hassexplained,“The TIGA awards hold a special place in our member’s hearts as they are won by and voted for our membership. We’re excited to have Peppermint P onboard as our headline sponsor and are looking forward to benefitting from their expertise in increasing the profile of our showcase event”.
Peppermint P Director, Simon Jones added“We’re heavily investing our resources into the development community and this link-up with TIGA is
indicative of our commitment to the industry.”
Taking place at the Haymarket Hotel, London on the 30th January 2008, the 2007 TIGA awards will be voted on by TIGA members who have until the 7th January to register their nominations.
The full list of categories is as follows:
• Best PC game / console game 2007
• Best handheld console game 2007
• Best mobile game 2007
• Best technology 2007
• Best cross media application 2007
• Best developer 2007
• Best player (individual) 2007
For more information on the awards, or to arrange interviews, please contact:-
t: 07973 614302
*********NOTE TO EDITORS*********
-- About Tiga --
Tiga is the national trade association representing the business and commercial interests of games software developers in the UK and Europe. Tiga's key objective is to keep its members at the heart of the global games industry by helping to create a successful business environment for them and by representing their interests to Government, Europe, and financiers. To this end Tiga has 2 principle roles:
• To interface with Government departments and Ministers (as well as Europe) on all issues that affect the overall wellbeing of the sector - Tiga has relations with BERR, Treasury, Inland Revenue, UKTI, DCMS, DIUS, and the Home Office; we encourage a strong partnership between government and industry, and
• To develop economic development strategies for the sector that make the UK the place of choice to do 'games' business; we aim to get UK development back into 3rd place and keep it one of the top most important global centres, alongside the US and Japan.
-- About Peppermint P --
Peppermint P are a PR agency that specializes in the video game, mobile and entertainment sectors. The management team brings over thirty years of video game PR and Marketing experience having worked in a variety of in-house and agency roles across the sector.
The company offers a unique specialist service for the video game development industry, giving those clients access to an experienced team, but for an affordable price.
The company’s website is located at: www.peppermintp.co.uk
This press release was issued by Peppermint P– the Development Industry’s specialist PR agency.
Find out more at: www.peppermintp.co.uk