SAN MATEO, Calif.— February 26, 2008— Capcom? Entertainment, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that Lost Planet™: Extreme Condition, the riveting sci-fi action shooter for PLAYSTATION?3, has begun shipping to retail stores across North America. Lost Planet carries a suggested retail price of $39.99 and is rated“T” for Teen by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB).
Lost Planet is an epic gaming masterpiece combining a gripping single player campaign and intense multiplayer modes. Lost Planet contains sophisticated visuals, with an unmatched level of detail as advanced light sourcing is used to ensure a realistic presentation that enhances every explosion, smoke and particle effect. Enormous world maps unfold as players battle hostile creatures in blistering weather conditions across vast snowfields and blazing volcanic areas either on foot or in armed, robotic Vital Suits.
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition for the PLAYSTATION?3 system will release with a number of specific features not previously available in retail editions of the 360 or PC versions of the game:
PS3 Specific Features:
• All 16 previously released multiplayer maps (including the extra downloadable content from Xbox LIVE) included on the disc.
• New unlockable characters for single and multiplayer mode, including Frank West from Dead Rising, Megaman, and others.
Lost Planet also features:
• Intense multiplayer modes with support for up to 16 players online.
• Frenetic action - Lost Planet is a fast-paced third-person shooter with all the depth, intrigue and intensity of a science fiction classic.
Connect to gamers around the world via PLAYSTATION?Network and participate in a variety of cooperative and versus battles with up to 16 players:
Elimination - It’s every snow pirate for themselves in this death match mode where the victorious are rewarded for the most points earned.
Team Elimination– You’re only as good as your teammates so strategy and cooperation is key in eliminating the opposing side.
Post Grab - Teams are tasked with capturing and holding as many Posts as possible.
Fugitive - One player is assigned as the“Fugitive”, and he or she will earn points for various actions (staying alive, killing enemies, capturing Posts). Dying deducts points and winning is determined when a maximum total is reached or when the score ticks down to zero.
• Foot and robotic Vital Suit-based gameplay– Command high powered VS and weapons not only to help players traverse the treacherous terrain, but to eliminate enemies that lie ahead. Strategically switch between VS and on foot gameplay to best face each situation and challenge.
• Vast environments - Snowstorms, arctic winds, towering buildings and mountains of ice are all stunningly realized as battles occur above and below ground, creating a truly immersive and cinematic event of epic proportions.
• A premier team of developers– The creators of the critically acclaimed Onimusha? and Devil May Cry? series have come together to create the expansive world of Lost Planet.