EVIL GENIUSES JOINS TOM CLANCY’S RAINBOW SIX PRO LEAGUE FOR SEASON 3 FINALSp>LONDON, UK — NOVEMBER 10TH, 2017 — Today, Ubisoft® announced that the eight best teams worldwide will compete in the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Pro League Season 3 Finals, taking place in Sao Paulo, Brazil on November 18th – 19th. The Finals will bring together four different regions for the first time: Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America. These eight teams are competing for a total Season 3 prize pool of $275,000, bringing the total prize pool across all official Year 2 tournaments to $1,250,000.
Among these teams, Evil Geniuses joins the Pro League starting in Season 3 Finals. They acquired the roster previously competing as Continuum and are now representing the North American region along with 1nfamy.
“We are very happy to welcome a team as prestigious as Evil Geniuses into the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Pro League, one of the most renowned esports team”, said François-Xavier Dénièle, Esports Director, Ubisoft EMEA. “It is a strong signal of the Pro League’s growth towards a stronger and more global model.”
"At Evil Geniuses, we have been eagerly watching the growth of the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six esports community for some time”, said Phillip Aram, COO, Evil Geniuses. “When we got the opportunity to pick up the Continuum squad who have been the face of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six in North America, we had to dive in. Evil Geniuses always enter into any new game with the intent of bringing our winning tradition to new fans and helping expose our existing fans to the highest level of esports they haven't yet known. Canadian and the whole squad will be in Chicago this week bootcamping from the SteelSeries offices in preparation for the upcoming LAN. I and everyone here at Evil Geniuses can't wait to cheer on the whole squad in Brazil and watch them Bleed Blue for the first time.”
The Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Pro League Season 3 Finals are taking place at the MAX5 arena in Sao Paulo on November 18th – 19th, a sold out event that will allow the Brazilian crowd to shine as one of the hottest on the circuit. Brazilian supporters will have the chance to support two home teams as both of the Latin American-qualified are from Brazil: Team Fontt and Black Dragons.
Here is the complete list of the eight teams competing for the Season 3 champion title:
- PENTA SPORTS: winners of the two last Pro League seasons for Year 2, the German-based team is a favourite and aims at the grand slam.
- ENCE: consistently qualified for the Pro League finals, the Finnish roster hasn’t won a Pro League LAN match since Year 1, Season 1 Finals, and will be committed to prove that they are as good offline as they are online.
- EVIL GENIUSES: this storied esports brand just acquired the Continuum roster. Winner of the 2017 Six Invitational back in February, the team led by Canadian continued to impress during the Pro League play-offs.
- 1NFAMY: after winning the relegations last season, 1nFamy pulled out a surprising but well-deserved qualification to the Season 3 Finals. They can rest on their new players’ previous experiences at this level of the competition.
- TEAM FONTT: a very solid Brazilian roster that reached the Pro League semi-finals last season, gohaN and his teammates will want to shine in Sao Paulo in front of their fans.
- BLACK DRAGONS: the second Brazilian team of these finals will also count on the effervescence of the Brazilian crowd. They are the last team to take a round against PENTA in the Finals, in Season 1.
- MANTIS FPS: best South Korean team for this first ever Asia-Pacific season, they will discover the highest Pro League level for these Finals.
- EINS: Winner of the Pro League play-offs in Asia-Pacific last month in Sydney, the Japanese team will be a serious contender.
The Season 3 Finals winner and other top-placing teams in Asia-Pacific, European, Latin American and North American regions, will face off again in the second edition of the Six Invitational, which takes place February 16th – 18th, 2018, in Montreal. The Six Invitational will determine the world’s best players as they compete for a prize pool of $500,000 in the biggest competition to date.
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Pro League, please visit http://www.rainbow6.com/esports
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Inspired by real-world counter-terrorist organizations, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of lethal close-quarter confrontations. For the first time in a Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six game, players will engage in sieges, a new style of assault where enemies have the means to transform their environments into modern strongholds while Rainbow Six teams lead the assault to breach the enemy’s position. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege gives players unprecedented control over their ability to fortify their position by reinforcing walls and floors, using barbed wire and deployable shields, laying mines and more, or to breach the enemies’ position using observation drones, setting charges, rappelling and more. The fast pace and uniqueness of each siege sets a new bar for intense firefights, strategic gameplay and competitive gaming.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. For the 2016–17 fiscal year Ubisoft generated sales of €1,460 million. To learn more, please visit www.ubisoftgroup.com .
About Evil Geniuses
Evil Geniuses is a premier professional gaming team with a worldwide following. Founded in 1999 from humble beginnings, the team has grown to a place of massive influence as one of gaming’s best known and most successful brands.
©2017 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Tom Clancy’s, Rainbow Six, The Soldier Icon, Ubisoft and the Ubisoft logo are trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the U.S. and/or other countries.