For Immediate Release
After a year of indie success on the PC, Sword of the Stars:The Pit will become available to Mac and Linux gamers this July with the release of The Pit: Gold Edition. The Gold Edition gives players of the popular sci-fi roguelike the chance to play eight alien classes as they attempt to survive to the bottom of 40 levels of monsters and traps!
The Pit, which Destructoid says, “Has that same feeling of ‘okay, just one more run’ that both Binding of Isaac or FTL: Faster Than Light have’” was the company’s first self-published PC game, successfully brought to market through a crowdfunding campaign on Indiegogo.
The release marks a major milestone for its Vancouver-based developer, Kerberos Productions “Up until 2012 we were a PC-only company,” says Lead Designer and CEO Martin Cirulis. “But the release of The Pit: Gold onto Mac will be our first title to be published cross-platform, with more to follow very soon! We’ve worked out a system of cross-platform compatibility for our second title, Ground Pounders, which we will also use in our recently announced third title, Kaiju-A-GoGo.”
Mac gamers should watch their favorite online retailers in early July while Linux gamers can expect The Pit later in July, though Steam users will automatically get all three formats with their single, Steamplay purchase. The Pit is currently on sale as part of various retailer sales, including Steam’s Summer Sale. A release date for The Pit: Pilgrim DLC for Mac/Linux has not yet been confirmed, but will be announced shortly.
- 8 Characters from 5 different Sword of the Stars races to play as... Marine, Scout, Engineer, Psion, Ranger, Warrior, Seeker, and Striker!
- 40 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure, not to mention unique side areas, known as biomes!
- Improve your character and increase your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- Over 160 enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
- Over 110 weapons and over 45 armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
- Over 250 items, devices, and ingredients to find, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech. Use stuff found around each level or on your enemies to craft together more than 100 new items!
- Randomized augmentation effects (for your equipment... and for you!) make each game unique.
- Develop 28 unique Psionic powers to better hold off opponents.
- 5 levels of difficulty, from Easy to Seriously? and three special modes; Infinite, where there is no end, Quick, which reduces the number of rooms per floor, and Fast, which skips every second floor!
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help - or maybe hinder - your progress.
- Discover and decipher hundreds of hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore!
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, disintegration, radiation, dehydration, starvation and of course... MONSTERS.
- Plus 1 hidden character, which you can unlock to help you out when things get tough!
- Special features include full controller support, Big Screen compatibility, Steam Cloud, and even Steam trading cards!
- ESRB ™ Rated T for Teens, blood, violence.
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of experienced video game developers based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was involved in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive before developing their own IP. Kerberos has released two games and four expansions to the 4X Sword of the Stars series, as well as the indie-Roguelike hit, The Pit and its expansion, MindGames. For additional information, please visit www.kerberos-productions.com