The Spanish studio announces the launch of the fourth chapter, first season finale of "The Last Door" as well as the free release of "The Four Witnesses"
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*
Spain – February 14th, 2014. Independent game company "The Game Kitchen" is excited to release the first season finale of The Last Door, an episodic point-and-click horror adventure game featuring stylish pixel--art graphics and a foreboding orchestral soundtrack, for PC, Linux & Mac and other flash- enabled devices.
This new and fourth episode, titled as “ Ancient Shadows”, stands for the last episode of the first season and is aimed at finishing a narrative cycle in "The Last Door" plot. Of course, new and intriguing mysteries are back in this instalment so players shouldn’t miss this great season finale of “The Last Door” whose well-built and enthralling cliffhangers will leave the player hunger for the second season.
In this season finale, the intriguing story unfolds and takes Jeremiah Devitt to the county of Pevensey, in East Sussex. After the disturbing ending of the previous chapter, Devitt receives new and revealing information, helping him to remember, so he is finally driven to travel to a eerie place, where he is supposed to find the final answers to all his questions.
As usual, in this fourth episode, players will be able to enjoy the disturbing and exceptional soundtrack composed by the great award-winning musician Carlos Viola as well as many improvements and new features, like a new intelligent music system that delivers a deeper immersion for the player.
Concurrently with the launch of this new chapter, the indie studio announces that “The Four Witnesses”, third episode of “The Last Door” has also been released for free, so anybody can enjoy it without restrictions.
According to the indie developer, right after the launch of “Ancient Shadows” and having completed the first four chapters of the series, instead of starting the fifth chapter (first chapter of the second season) right away, they will focus on deeper structural improvements to produce a compelling second season with novelties related to game design and visual effects. The Game Kitchen estimates that “The Last Door” “ Season Two” will be premiered in Summer 2014.
During this time, “The Game Kitchen” will run their crowdfunding campaign to finance the next episode: Chapter Five (first chapter of the second season). All donations will be welcome to help this small studio to go on with their fantastic job.
Key Features of “The Last Door” Saga.
- Story: Travel back and explore dark and mysterious Great Britain in the endings of 19th century, investigate ghostly and gloomy places to uncover mysterious secrets.
- Graphics: A unique visual style that will show only what's necessary, triggering you imagination to bring the game's world alive. Wander through uniquely designed low-res style graphics.
- Puzzles: Work through various puzzles and brain teasers to progress throughout the story.
- Music: Outstanding sound effects and a haunting original orchestral soundtrack, composed by the award winner Carlos Viola, completes the strange and frightening atmosphere of the game.
- Game trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esCn2hj6e6M
- Both first chapters of The Last Door are currently available for free in: www.thelastdoor.com
- New chapter assets including logos, vídeos and screenshots can be founded in the Press Kit
- For Press: Review codes are now available to unlock all the mysteries of The Last Door.
ABOUT THE GAME KITCHEN
The Game Kitchen is a small indie team based in Seville, Spain. Funded in 2009. The team is made up of two artists (Enrique and Mateo) and two programmers (Daniel and Mauricio), as well as the award winner music composer Carlos Viola. The Game Kitchen is currently developing The Last Door full time, as well as several other ongoing projects.