London, UK, 6th April 2017 - Medieval Early Access survival game The Black Death gets its largest ever update this week, in 'The Long Night'. With engine upgrades, a full day night cycle, dedicated servers and more, The Long Night update is the culmination of a year of development in Early Access.
"With The Long Night, we've almost revamped the entire game, with improved performance, a new housing system, updated professions and progression, better optimisation and improved graphics. It is a key stage in the games' development, and puts us in the position to really expand our current content and deliver new updates even quicker," said Peter Harries, Producer at Small Impact Games.
"The Black Death was the first title that Green Man Gaming brought to Early Access, and this update represents a significant milestone in that journey. We look forward to seeing players new and old role-playing their medieval life over the coming months," said Gary Rowe, EVP Publishing at Green Man Gaming.
The Long Night Update
- Engine upgrade to the latest version of Unreal, providing improved technical performance
- New house improvement system
- New Day / Night cycle and weather effects
- New 'Unlock' progression for Professions
- Combat overhaul
- Dedicated Servers
- New Music
- Roaming NPC's and procedural events
About The Black Death
Welcome to the gritty medieval world of The Black Death. The plague has left a trail of destruction across Western Europe. Those who endure struggle against sickness, scarce resources and other desperate survivors.
Start as a beggar and work your way up to a number of realistic professions, each with their own ways to survive. Enter a huge multiplayer open world, set in 14th century western Europe. Trade at fisherman’s ports, loot disease infested cities, hunt wild animals in dense forests, fight in bandit camps, upgrade your properties and much more. Loot, pillage, craft and survive in an epic struggle against The Black Death.
Key Features in Early Access -
- Rich profession based role playing combined with medieval era survival.
- A huge open world (8km2) based in 14th century western Europe. Explore thriving castles, bandit camps, busy ports and abandoned mines.
- Unique medieval professions to unlock, each with a rich skill tree and their own way of surviving.
- A living world with hundreds of NPC’s and day / night cycle. Trade with merchants, hunt animals, talk to townsfolk and fight bandits.
- Over 300 in game items. Craft over 40 different weapon and armour pieces, using medieval tools and utilities.
- Buy and upgrade properties - and protect it from other opportunistic players…
- Large scale multiplayer, with up to 50 players per server.
For more information please contact:
Marketing and Communications Manager, Publishing
Green Man Gaming
T: 0207 135 2270
Notes to Editors
About Green Man Gaming
Green Man Gaming is a global e-commerce technology company in the video games industry and the first choice for millions of gamers around the world.
We offer a wide range of games from AAA to indie titles across multiple platforms in 185 countries worldwide. We work with over 450 publishers, developers and distributors to offer our customers a wide range of games at competitive prices. Green Man Gaming also help developers publish their own games and bring them to market, supporting them every step of the way.
Our passion for games and strong community platform provide gamers with access to the latest insights, reviews and updates from the gaming industry. Our vibrant online community also connects gamers and rewards them for in-game activity. This gameplay data allows us to further improve the overall gaming experience. Our objective is to help gamers to connect, play and enjoy immersive gaming experiences.
About Small Impact Games
Small Impact Games are a seven person team of game developers from Leicester, UK. The Black Death is their first release.