Bergen, Norway - 29th August 2014
The Rain Games team is proud to announce the Wii U release date of Teslagrad, the magnetic puzzle platformer. Begin a journey to the heart of the Tesla Tower, taking the role of a young Teslamancer in his quest to reveal the great injustice that caused him to be the last of his kind. Join this adventure and let your creativity take you into the forbidden depths of the gloomy tower, and defeat all challenges that stand in your way.
Watch the launch trailer here:
Teslagrad will be available to download from the Wii U eShop on Europe and North America on September 11th, priced at £13.99 / €14.99 / $14.99. Praised by dozens of international game critics with 80+ review scores, the Wii U version (featuring new controls and off-TV play) is a do-not-miss release.
Teslagrad is a puzzle platformer with action elements, where magnetism and other electromagnetic powers are the key to go throughout the game, and thereby discover the secrets kept in the long abandoned Tesla Tower. Gain new habilities to explore a non-linear world with more than 100 beautiful hand-drawn environments, in a steampunk-inspired vision of old Europe. You play as a young boy who suddenly finds himself embroiled in a long-forgotten conspiracy, involving the despotic king who has ruled the nation with an iron fist for several years. Jump into an outstanding adventure told through voiceless storytelling, writing your own part. Armed with ancient Teslamancer technology and your own ingenuity and creativity, your path lies through the decrepit Tesla Tower and beyond.
- Explore! Make your way through rich 2D hand-drawn surroundings as you journey into — and beyond— Tesla Tower, as you discover and use amazing new items.
- Visual storytelling! Tired of all those words in your video games? Have no fear, Teslagrad features not a single snippet of text or squeak of dialogue. Everything is purely visual, and the entire story is told through what you see (and sometimes what you don't see).
- Steampunk powered! Discover a dystopic and mind-blowing rainy-and-brainy setting, presenting a steampunk vision of an old Europe-inspired new world.
- Old-school boss fights! Use your skills and wits to overcome the 5 incredible final bosses eager to demagnetize you.
- No disruptions! That means no loading screens, no GUI, no cutscenes. Just the game and you.
- Mesmerizing soundtrack! Awesome mix of classical orchestra, with a touch of Russian inspiration and a myriad of metal bit and electrical stuff.
Release date: September 11th 2014.
Available on: Nintendo Wii U eShop EU/NA.
Price: US$14.99 in North America and €14.99/£13.99 in Europe.
Press assets: http://www.rain-games.com/press/sheet.php?p=teslagrad.
Coming soon for: PS3, PS4. PlayStation Vita.
Launch trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9buGTTqXcyE
Teaser 1 - Action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGhe_zEt9-E
Teaser 2 - Mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S3_IQAL1DQ
About Rain Games
Rain AS is a relatively young company, growing forth from a cooperative community of local artists and programmers. The games we produce are small, smart, simple and elegantly designed. Being comprised of people who all enjoy many different aspects of gaming allows us to blend these different elements together until we find something that sticks, all in the name of creating an enjoyable video game experience. Everyone on our team is passionate about gaming, and strive to create games that are not only fun, but challenging.