Popular Fighting Game BlazBlue Meets the Definitive Strategy Trading Card Game in Latest Content Update for iOS and Android
Seoul – May 11, 2017 – Mabinogi Duel, the tantalizingly addictive and visually stunning tactical mobile trading card game (TCG) from NEXON Korea Corporation, subsidiary of NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO), a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games, is set to receive its second “ Mabinogi Duel x BlazBlue Collaboration” update with the Japanese developer of the Guilty Gear series, Arc System Works. Based on the acclaimed massively multiplayer online (MMO) game Mabinogi, the latest content update for the widely popular Mabinogi Duel is now available for new and returning players for iOS and Android devices.
Mabinogi Duel lets TCG strategists clash with beautifully designed character cards against rival champions and rising stars from all over the world. The second “ Mabinogi Duel x BlazBlue Collaboration” update introduces 26 new BlazBlue collaboration booster cards. When these booster cards are used in Duels, players can re-experience dialogues from the original storyline and characters from the popular arcade and console fighting video game series, BlazBlue.
The “ Mabinogi Duel x BlazBlue Collaboration” also offers players:
- 26 New BlazBlue Collaboration Booster Cards: Battle with 26 new cards (21 creature cards and five spell cards) inspired by BlazBlue and experience original dialogues from the game’s original storyline when duelists play with the new character cards. Booster cards can be bought with 30 gems and are only available during the collaboration event period;
BlazBlue Hero Event: players who meet the special
conditions will earn special hero cards featuring the popular
BlazBlue, such as Nine the Phantom, Izanami, Es and Mai
Natsume, to use during dueling matches;
- For Nine the Phantom’s character, players must acquire 50 BlazBlue Season Cards to win six times with Blaz Season Cards
- For Izanami’s character, players must acquire 90 BlazBlue Season Cards to win nine times with Blaz Season Cards
- For Es’s character, players must acquire 120 BlazBlue Season Cards to win 12 times with Blaz Season Cards
- For Mai Natsume’s character, players must acquire 150 BlazBlue Season Cards to win 15 with Blaz Season Cards
- New Competition Arena (May 14 – May 31): duelists battle in a new arena with special rules, such as inhibiting spell usage in the PvP arena, to earn various rewards, such as gems, special tickets and EXT cards for differing arena ranks;
- Event Mission (May 11 – May 31): Earn daily rewards, such as gold and special tickets, throughout the week when accomplishing dueling missions with select opponents;
- In-game Challenges: for a limited time, players compete and progress in challenge levels for tiered rewards, such as gems, special tickets and discount tickets.
Additional Information for members of the press:
- Download press assets for Mabinogi Duel: http://bit.ly/MabinogiBlazBlue2
- Visit the official Mabinogi Duel website: http://devcat.nexon.com/duel/index.en.html#/
About NEXON Co. Ltd.
NEXON Co., Ltd. (“Nexon”) (3659.TO) is a worldwide leader in free-to-play online and mobile games. Founded in Korea in 1994, Nexon developed one of the world's first graphics-based massively multiplayer online games. Nexon also pioneered the concept of microtransactions and the free-to-play business model, setting a new standard in which play is free, and users have the option to purchase in-game items to enhance their experience. Nexon currently services nearly 100 titles in more than 190 countries. The Company is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and its shares are listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
# # #
Press Contact for Nexon Co. Ltd.:
Alexa Bowers/Jason Wonacott
Wonacott Communications, LLC