New Dynamic Five-Player Skirmish Set in Port Nyanzaru Accompanies PvP, Inventory and Other Improvementsp>REDWOOD CITY, Calif. – January 9, 2018 – Today, Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a leading publisher of free-to-play MMORPGs, and Cryptic Studios announced the Swords of Chult update is now available for Neverwinter on Xbox One and PlayStation®4. This update to the free-to-play MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms brings a dynamic, endgame Skirmish to Port Nyanzaru, as well as PvP, inventory management and refinement system adjustments for all players.
Expanding Tomb of Annihilation’s content, the Swords of Chult update brings the jungle’s many threats to Port Nyanzaru. Endgame players battle against dinosaurs, the undead and servants of Acererak in “The Merchant Prince’s Folly” Skirmish, which changes each time it is played. Adventurers of all levels can experience the competitive side of Neverwinter in a fresh way with the reworked PvP experience featuring all-new rewards. A list of PvP mechanic changes and more update features can be found below:
- “The Merchant Prince’s Folly” Skirmish – Port Nyanzaru is filled with riches and the enemies of Chult want them. A defense of the city and its inhabitants is in order in an all-new, dynamic five-player Skirmish for adventurers at the endgame. Save the city for new rewards!
- PvP Updates – In this update, the Tenacity stat has been replaced, PvP items now scale even more with the activity, plus armor penetration has been changed further and control effects now have diminishing returns. Swords of Chult also introduces a new set of PvP gear, a permanent Solo PvP Queue and more.
- Inventory Management Updates – In an effort to improve item management, new sorting options have been incorporated into the UI allowing players to sort all items, identify all items, sell all treasure and tweak other display options.
- Refinement System Changes – Adventurers can also look forward to a more streamlined refinement experience, allowing them to bulk convert items into RP, as well as manage them incrementally as before.
- Campaign Progression for Alts – Avid Neverwinter players with multiple characters now have the option to create a Signet of Patronage for several endgame campaigns. These may be applied to alt characters to progress through supported campaigns much faster.
*OnXbox, Xbox Live Gold Membership (sold separately) required.
ABOUT PERFECT WORLD ENTERTAINMENT INC. Perfect World Entertainment is a leading North American online games publisher specializing in immersive free-to-play MMORPGs. Founded in 2008, Perfect World Entertainment has published a number of popular titles, including Swordsman, Blacklight Retribution, Forsaken World, PWI, and Star Trek Online The company works closely with its American development teams and partners such as Cryptic Studios, developer of the highly acclaimed MMORPG Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter, and Runic Games, developer of the hit Torchlight series, to provide unparalleled quality of service and game experiences to its players. A subsidiary of Perfect World Group, Perfect World Entertainment is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California. For more information, please visit: www.perfectworld.com
ABOUT CRYPTIC STUDIOS, INC.
Cryptic Studios, Inc. is a leading developer of AAA online games for PC and consoles. Delivering innovative gameplay and shared experiences far beyond the traditional MMORPG, the studio has successfully launched Champions Online: Free for All, Star Trek Online and Dungeons & Dragons Neverwinter. Cryptic Studios, Inc., a subsidiary of Perfect World Co., Ltd. is located in Los Gatos, CA.
ABOUT WIZARDS OF THE COAST Wizards of the Coast LLC, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), is the leader in entertaining the lifestyle gamer. Wizards' players and fans are members of a global community bound together by their love of both digital gaming and in-person play. The company brings to market a range of gaming experiences under powerful brand names such as Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons. For more information about our world renowned brands, visit the Wizards of the Coast Web site at www.wizards.com