From Blizzard and Riot Alums, Game Features Strategy, Stylized Art
Download the entire Defend the Cake game for $4.99 on Steam Early Access: http://store.steampowered.com/app/674330/Defend_the_Cake/
OAKLAND, California — September 12th, 2017 — The Defend the Cake team is excited to announce the Steam Early Access launch of a strategic and scrumptious Tower Defense game: Defend the Cake!
“We set out to craft a tower defense game with enough strategy to satisfy seasoned veterans of the genre, and a fun, whimsical aesthetic that we hope will invite newcomers as well.” said Justin Klinchuch, Founder and Technical Designer.
The game is set amidst a bright, cheery, island kingdom of enticing desserts. Eggperor Shellmane has baked a castle full of desserts to share with his kingdom, but a variety of thieving bugs each want the cakes for themselves. Successfully saving each cake will automatically unlock the next sequential level and new challenges to contend with. All 18 levels are included with purchase.
- Tower Defense: requires strategic thinking and tactical timing to defend your Cake from an onslaught of hungry bugs
- Strategy: Players shape the path that an onslaught of bugs will take in relentless pursuit of a delicious slice of cake.
- All ages: Confectionery themed, whimsical, approachable art style.
- Variety: 18 challenging levels with different terrain, enemies, and tactic.s
- Day/Night cycle: Plan defenses during the Day with no time limit. Fend off waves of bugs in real time at Night by Powering Up defenses.
- Choices: 6 unique defenses with 2 upgrades each.
- Deeper Challenge: Score Attack mode offers the opportunity for people to test the limits of their strategy against infinitely escalating waves of bugs.
About Defend the Cake
Defend the Cake is an independent game team with alumni from Blizzard Entertainment and Riot Games. The team is distributed with members based in several locations across North America. The lead developers are Technical Designer Justin Klinchuch who worked at Blizzard Entertainment on Starcraft II and Heroes of the Storm, Creative Designer Naomi Yee who has worked at Riot Games on League of Legends, Blizzard, and Magic Leap, and Technical Artist Toli Carter who has worked at Riot Games on League of Legends.
Name: Margeaux Sullivan
Email: press [at] DefendTheCake [dot] com