FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sydney, Australia -- Membraine Studios’ futuristic turn-based strategy wargame Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire is now slated to release on Steam after being approved by Valve via its Steam Greenlight program.
Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire is a turn-based strategy game that puts you in brigade-level control of infantry, armored companies and massive super-vehicles. This is war on a massive scale that will appeal to those who enjoy games like Rome: Total War, and in particular EPIC 40,000: Final Liberation.
With a unique, streamlined command system, fast-paced battles with Chess-style alternating activations, customizable armies and simple--yet deep--strategic and tactical play, Membraine’s game enables you to tell the story of the Exodus Wars, a brutal civil war fought between the Guild and the Royal Empire of Man. For the Guild, the fight is to remain free and independent of the ruthless Imperial regime. For the Empire, it is to crush a dangerous rebellion that could well be the catalyst to its demise.
Trailer Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv_SfbdO7jw
Membraine’s Mark Sheppard said, “As a parallel for the American War of Independence, I think Exodus Wars tells a fantastic story. It’s a sci-fi universe that gamers will immediately recognise and resonate with, given its inclusion of sci-fi staples like Starship Troopers-esque marines and various alien races, but it’s far more grounded and real than most genre universes. There are alien races and there are powerful units on all sides, but there are no god-like beings here. The Exodus Wars universe is a story about ordinary men and women fighting and dying for what they believe in; fighting for their freedom and that of those they hold dear. It’s tragic and compelling stuff, and we can’t wait to bring it to Steam so gamers can be part of it.”
- An engaging and fully realised sci-fi universe set in a period of interstellar civil war -- play your part in the Exodus Wars.
- The Royal Empire of Man against the Guild Legions -- each faction has an extensive roster of units, from infantry and medium armour up to the Empire's Baron small behemoth and the Guild’s Elektra and Enforcer heavy tanks, and with more units being added all the time.
- Deep strategy via army building -- what you bring to the battle is every bit as important as the tactics you employ.
- Manoeuvre warfare -- gameplay that rewards solid tactics.
- Easy-to-learn, difficult to master -- the intuitive user interface enhances the game's depth and balance.
- Chess-style, interleaving activations-based play that enables quick games -- give your formations orders and see these executed on the battlefield; no long waits like you find in typical "You Go, I Go" games.
- Cover -- use cover to reduce your opponent's effectiveness.
- Overwatch -- achieve superior positioning and control the battlefield.
- Single-player or challenge a friend -- online real-time multi-player is being implemented with full Steam integration.
- High replayability -- given the large array of units and near-unlimited combinations possible via the Force Selector interface, not to mention the multiple tactical options available for inflicting your will upon your opponent, every battle offers new challenges and experiences.
About Membraine Studios
Membraine Studios is a small indie developer based in Sydney, Australia. The team is currently developing the futuristic turn-based strategy wargame Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire for Windows, OSX and Linux.
To learn more about Exodus Wars: Fractured Empire, please visit http://FracturedEmpire.net